miracles in WSP


 ¡Buenas tardes! 

We have almost done it! We are finishing up that last box of copies of the Book of Mormon so looks like the time has really come. It's time for Hna Tietz to go home. I am so sad to see her go. The last three months would have been near impossible without her. Before coming on a mission, I never considered that my companions wouod become my favorite people but that is so true for almost every one of them! I am sad to see Hermana Meredith and Hermana Sully go as well. Just a little broken hearted over here.

This week was great! Things are finally starting to pick up over here! We met with some seemingly prepared people this week. I'll fill you in on the high lights.

Alex is doing great! It has been so cool to see his heart slowly softening. Yesterday during our lesosn he just sat there saying, "woah this all makes sense," over and over again. He also is warming up to the idea of coming to church which is huge progress! He has been reading and listening to the Book of Mormon and he said he just feels good when he reads it. Ah it feels so good to teach someone who is starting to really get the power of it all!

The English Elders told us about these buildings they've seen some people who speak Spanish in and we are always looking for a new place to go finding. We parked on a nearby street and walked over. The buildings turned out to be pretty fancy lock-outs, the kind you can't even pretend to be visiting someone without getting kicked out. We contacted a few people but we were a little bummed. We walked back to our car and a few houses down, there was a family outside. Hna Tietz and I have developed this telepathic communication where we just both are so in tune with each other and the Spirit that we didn't even skip a beat as we started walking towards that house. They were surprised that we invited them to church because they weren't already a part of our faith. The wife, Carmen, invited us back!

This week we had a lesson with her for the first time and she is so prepared! The first thing she told us was that she has been distant from God but that when we talked to her she felt peace that she can't explain, so she invited us back! My favorite part of the lesson was when she asked us how she can recofnize the Spirit more in her life. We gave some personal examples, telling her that everyone is different but then she immediately started giving us her own examples. There were three. 1) When she looks at her husband and feels overwhelming love for him. 2) When she helps other people, not because she wants something, but because she wants to be nice. 3) While she has been sitting at her table talking about God with us. How incredible is that?

We also met a new friend Edgar. He told us he has been sad for two years and he just wants to be closer to God. We discussed the role of the Savior in our lives and he just started crying. He is this tough guy so he was trying to hide his tears but they just kept falling down his face. He wants to change so bad and the Savior is the way.

One thing I love about really teaching people is that you can teach ten people the same lesson but if you are teaching them to their needs, they will be completely different lessons. Isn't that how the Lord teaches us? He teaches us to our needs and our understanding. He helps us know how to help others. 

I love 2 Nephi 31:3 that says,

"For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding."

I know that the Heavenly Father knows us perfectly. He knows how to speak to us in a way we'll understand and He answers our questions plainly. I am grateful for the way He teaches me. I have recieved many answers in ways that I didn't expect, but ways that have been to my understanding. 

I have found that because I have such a connection with people, the Lord often answers my prayers through others. I received a lot of answers in my interview with President Barney this week. I am grateful for his love and direction that I know is inspired. 

With all that being said, the Lord needs me elsewhere. I am going back to the ward in Minneapolis and I am so excited to see some familiar faces. I am ready for a new adventure and a new challenge. I love being a missionary!

Quote of the week: "I am going to miss my missionaries who are abandoning me." Ariana said from the pulpit

xoxo Hermana Hanson 

So many more pics but no time, love you all!














Farewell Hna Tietz

Comments

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May the definition of faith bless you in life Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment