real intent

Mi hija Hna Sully woohoo
HOLA

How is everything going with #lighttheworld? I hope you all are finding ways to serve and spread the light of Christ! We look forward to the new video everyday! We are so excited for a noche de hogar tonight where we are going to go with them to bring their neighbors cookies. We have also visited a nursing home, done our members dishes, and found a whole lot of ways to share our testimonies of Christ! We can't wait for the next 21 days. It's not too late to start! Start today @ mormon.org (:

As for my new companion. She is incredible. Her name is Hermana Sully and she was born in Brazil and raised in Haiti and Florida. She speaks French, Creole, English, a little bit of Korean, a little bit of Portuguese, and now she's working on Spanish! She was originally called to Puerto Rico but there are no missionaries there right now so we are lucky enough to have her here for a time. She has the most humble and loving heart. Also she is FEARLESS and I love it. She loves talking to everyone and has knocked on a few peoples windows and waved some people down to let us into some lock outs. Needless to say, we are having a ton of fun and we're working so very hard. Yesterday I challenged her to bear her testimony in fast and testimony meeting. She said she would but only if I did too, so we did it. I'm so proud of all the work she is doing already!

I have never been so thankful for a car! We finally have one again and we are getting everywhere we need to go! woohoo! No more calling everyone and begging for rides daily. We are feeling so so blessed.

Okay now let's flashback to two weeks ago when an incredible friend of mine sent me a talk that I haven't been able to get out of my head. It talks about the importance of having real intent or in other words, doing the right thing for the right reasons.

The good thing about being in an area so long is you see people's small progression. We have the cutest part member family who have been visited by missionaries for, well, forever I think. They come to church faithfully and have started having family scripture study and family home evening. They have just been feeding the missionaries but we are trying to start teaching them for real. On Friday morning we had an appointment with Hna. She told us that she had listened to all of the conference talks which is HUGE people!! She was more receptive of our message than she ever has been before. We wrapped up the lesson and asked her if she would offer the closing prayer and man she prayed like really, truly prayed with her whole heart. She talked to Heavenly Father with real intent. Her humble, simple prayer reminded me once again of the importance of real intent. 

What is the reason behind the things we do? 

Elder Randall L. Ridd talked about his son and how he would ask "why" to everything he did. He says, "Ponder how you spend your time, and ask yourself regularly, “Why?” This will help you develop the ability to see beyond the moment. It’s far better to look ahead and ask yourself, “Why would I do that?” than to look back and say, “Why, oh, why did I do that?” If the only reason why is that God wants you to, that’s reason enough."

I want to invite all of you to ask yourself "Why?" you do the things you do. Do you have real intent behind your actions? 

Okay lastly, I just want to say thank you to everyone and anyone that participated in sending me a short note. I love my cute letter advent calendar and all of you! I look forward to it daily. I LOVE YOU ALL. Take some time TODAY to reflect on all CHRIST has done for YOU. Also please go to the temple for meeeee, thanks.

Quote(s) of the week:
It's called culture appropriation, they made me change my name to Pedro. -Peter Call
It's almost our one week anniversary since we killed a deer.  -Hna Meredith
Who needs ice when you have the cold winter? -Hna Sully
That tree looks like someone spit on it and the lights are still beautiful! -Hna Sully

Fun with friends ugh love them

Costco lunch after service, missing Sister Hunting

My mom is the best and she sent us chocolate yayyy


we #glittad the Elders car





Comments