He provides

Sister Hansen and I switched tags...
 Hola a todos!

I think I have said this a lot lately but the weeks are FLYING. Honestly it is not okay. This has been the fastest transfer of my life. I guess it's true when they say time flies when you are having fun because we are just having a blast! I love everything about life right now. Hermana Saldaña is incredible. North Minne is golden. The members are genuinely amazing people. We have been so blessed with miracles on miracles. It's all just so good.
First thing is first our good pal LUPE is so golden. I have mentioned him a few times before but about two months ago as he left for a trip, he told us he wants to come to church with Ricardo. Well yesterday he came for the first time and he absolutely loved it! He was singing the hymns and just kept commenting on things the speakers were saying. He is such a friendly guy too he didn't walk passed a single person without stopping to say hello and introduce himself. It was awesome to see so many less actives show up at church yesterday too. I love seeing everyone at church and I know the Lord recognizes all their efforts.

We also have been working hard to clean up our area book and we have met some cool people through it. As we were at a certain complex, the Spirit totally reminded me about a woman I met with Hna Nelson about a month ago and we found her in our area book and visited her! Before she cancelled a lot but she explained to us that is was because she has a newborn baby and he had a lot of doctor's appointments but that she has time now and she wants to meet. She has been reading and if she is confused she always asks questions. She is a genuine seeker of truth!

One thing Hermana Saldana and I have been working on a ton this transfer is really establishing our purpose in the first lesson with anyone we teach. It has been super effective because we let people know that we are going to be asking them to do things and we are going to be asking how it goes. When we make that clear, people see that we really are there to help them change and grow closer to Christ. We have seen so many miracles come out of this effort and it is clear to see who is willing to put in the effort and those that are just not ready yet. When we put forth our effort I know the Lord sees it, however small or insignificant it may seem.

In my studies this week I came across this quote from Sister Craig from General conf. "In fact, Jesus’s miracles often begin with a recognition of want, need, failure, or inadequacy. Remember the loaves and the fishes? Each of the Gospel writers tells how Jesus miraculously fed the thousands who followed Him. But the story begins with the disciples’ recognition of their lack; they realized they had only “five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?” The disciples were right: they didn’t have enough food, but they gave what they had to Jesus, and then He provided the miracle."

This is exactly what we should all strive to do. As I try to give all I have to Christ- all my time, all my energy, all my trust- He provides the miracles. I know He sees our intentions and our efforts, despite our many weaknesses. He has this whole bucket of blessings He is waiting to pour down. When we sacrifice and show our willingness to follow Him, he always gives us more than we deserve. 

I feel so blessed to be a missionary and witness everything that I do every week. It is such an inspired work and I often feel I receive way more than I deserve!  I love you all and hope you have a blessed week.

Quote of the week:
You're definitely going to be my friend if you killed four wasps in my house! -Hermana Saldana

xoxo Hermana Hanson

Pics:
Sorry for the lack of pics.

Breakfast of champions at the Matus' 

Comments