Alive and thrivin' en el CCM



Meet my companion Hermana Winterton
My people!

How is life treating you without me? I am doing so good down here in Mexi! Actually,  I forget everyday that's where I am until I get in bed and all I hear the Mexican anger going on. That's all the horns, sirens, blasting music, and whatever else the night brings.  On Saturday night there was a gospel rager going on at like 4 am luckily I didn't wake up, my roommates just told me about it. 

I love my companion! She is such an interesting person and I love it. Her name is Hermana Winterton and she's going to Minnesota too! She is 23 and she just graduated from byu with a degree in Sociology. She's taken all the way up to the rm Spanish class so she knows what she's talking about. I basically have two other companions because we share a room with them and are in the same district. They are amazing people. One is Hermana Doyle who is going to the DC south mission (my birthplace!!) She is super sweet and ugh I just love her. The other one is Hermana Hill and she's going to Chile Osorno! I told her to look out for Hermana Roney about a hundred times by now. Hermana Hill and I just get along so well or at least our sass does. It's been too much fun with these three we even named our casa, la casa de fuego. But at the same time we`re really good at challenging each other and we all have the same goals so it's been really helpful and I've learned so much from them already. 

Also I love my district! I seriously lucked out. It's the perfect combo of fun and work. My district leader is Elder Katzenbach and he is the only one in our group straight out of high school, which is funny I think. More to come about our amazing district!

Also I feel so lucky that I was able to go to the temple this morning! We get to go twice while here at the ccm and they said it's been closed for a few weeks but it's finally open again! It was amazing and so needed.

These past 9 days have been such a blurr. Also my mind is going crazy with all the Spanish that`s happening. Believe it or not I've already taught 6 lessons completly in Español. Okay, okay there is so much to say but I know no one wants to reasd a novel so I'll wrap this up.

I'd like to share one if the many things that impacted me this week:

So Sunday was the best.  In Sacrament Meeting a senior couple serving here spoke in to our zone. Hermana Burton spoke on the many small miracles in her life that are proof that she has a loving father in heaven who knows her better than she knows herself. It got me thinking about all the small miracles I've experienced while being here and there were soooo many! I know that God puts these miracles in my life to bring me joy and relief.
Here are a few:
- seeing familiar faces at the ccm
-studying exactly what we get called out in class to recite
-having an amazing comp and roommates 
-not getting attacked by June bugs on our walk to our casa
-first week was a temple week yay 
And many many more. 
I challenge all of you to search for the small miracles in your lives and to appreciate them just a little more. The Lord knows you and He knows what you need even when you don't.  

Also read Moses 7:33, such a good one.

Love you all too much,
Hermana Hanson

Quote of the week: "I've always wondered what Mexican air smells like and when I got off the plane I was like, wow,  Mexican air smells like Betos." -Hermana Hill



The Mexico City Temple
The Hermanas from the Casa de Fuego
Hna. Winterton, Hna. Hanson, Hna. Hill, Hna. Doyle








Comments