hbd AMERICA: mexi style



My parents are theeeee best and my district and maestros thank them!
Hola hola hola

Okay first things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA. I was so sad to not be in the US, celebrating my country butttttt I'll be back there in less than three weeks wüt wüt. Don't worry though, we celebrated here in Mexico by belting Proud to be an American on our walk to class, wore red, white, and blue of course, sang patriotic hymns in class, our wonderful President of el ccm arranged a very American lunch (there were even red, white, and blue tablecloths), sang the national anthem with a few hundred other Americans in the comedor (most magical thing ever), my angel parents sent Krispy Kreme donuts through dear elder that we gladly celebrated with (the package even came with a mini American flag). So I'm feeling super proud to be an American at this moment and I hope you set off an extra firework for your fav Hermana.

This week was basically the same, a lot a lot of classes, studying, teaching lessons, Español, and of course a lot of fun. I don't know why people hate the MTC, this place is paradise. There are parrots and palm trees everywhere and it is such a happy place. I tried to get a picture of my district's parrot friend but ended up chasing it down and failed miserably. Maybe next week. Also we had the opportunity to go to the temple again today and it was so awesome to be able to see my small progression. I understood so much more than just two weeks ago! And of course it's always a good idea to go to the temple and always soooo needed.

Funny story this week. One of our Elders fell asleep in class, head down and everything. Like 10 minutes later one of our maestros kindly wakes him up and the first thing he said was, "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." And then Elder Katzenbach said, "Wow that was a long prayer." Elder Mason then said, "Pues, I have a lot to be grateful for." It was such a funny attempt to cover up his nap. Also Elder Mason has been going around and taking a poll about Nacho Libre. He asks all the Latinos he sees if they think it's offensive or funny, at this moment it's leaning towards offensive.

Okay let's get spiritual:

On Sunday at one of our three devos, we watched an MTC broadcast that Elder Bednar gave. It was about the Character of Christ and I loved it so much. A lot of quotes stood out to me, but here's one of my favs.

"When you think you can't do it anymore, you can't. But through His strength, the power of the Atonement, YOU CAN."

I love this quote because it's a good reminder that without Christ we don't have the ability to do all that we need or even want to do. But through him, we can accomplish anything. All we need to do is rely on the power of the Atonement and His love for us as we exercise our faith in Him. I am just now reminded of a scripture that really stood out to me this week. It's DyC 88:63. It says, " Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." If we trust in Him and rely on Him, we will receive all the answers we need.

Quote of the week: I did all this studying and I still don't know baloogie hoogie about por y para. -Elder Katzenbach

I'm so thankful to be here at the ccm and to be a missionary. This week I have just felt overwhelmingly grateful everyday. Yesterday on our way to gym time we ran into President and Hermana Bennett and Pres. Bennett said, "Does Hermana Hanson always smile like this? Every time I see her she always has that big smile on her face." So here's proof to all you doubters that I really am happy and smiling alllllllllll the time. Also so grateful for all the love that comes my way, keep it coming. I love hearing from you all!

Abrazos, besos, abrazos. Todo el amor!
Hermana Hanson
Finally got a pic of our district..
we were later informed that this is grammatically incorrect
sooo forgive us for still learning. But Happy 4th from district 11b!
Temp today with my cute Hermana Winterton
#distritometas
Just a reminder that I actually am in Mexico City 

Comments