"ready spaghetti"

My cutest Latina amigas
¡Hola mis favoritos!

Coming to Mexico, I didn't know that the Elder's tie trading would be a bigger deal than the drug cartel. But let me tell you, it is. The Elders in our district act like it's the biggest deal in the world. It's so funny to hear them talk about it. They say things like, "This Elder traded his $130 pair of raybans for 1 tie." or "I gave up my great grandmas tie so quick, now someone's walking around with a tie that says "love great grandma. "" But our favorite was, "I would've traded more ties if there were more in my color scheme." (while wearing a rainbow tie) Apparently there's another one happening tonight so if any of you want in, 9:00, casa 25.

Aside from the constant entertainment from our Elderes, I would call this a very normal week. The only thing that changed is they gave us more to do but not more time to do it. So our sched is even crazier than before. But está bien, more things to do equals more learning, right? I am still learning so so much here everyday and am sooo thankful for the opportunity to be at the ccm. It's beautiful and I have found such a love for the Latino people. This week I made some Latino friends in the comedor and I LOVE THEM. They are so cute and we've actually had some hilarious conversations together so yay for being able to communicate with some real people (sorta). This morning I accidentally told them I was 29 but they caught on and we made a joke of it, lol.

I finally talked my Hermanas into playing some volleyball this week with our Elders and even though it wasn't technically volleyball by the end of the game, it was hilarious and the hardest we've laughed in a while. I was wheezing so hard, we were all deader than the giant cockroach under our bunk (which is fortunately very dead).

On Sunday, we had what they called "la gran reunion." It was the last time the whole ccm will be able to fit in the same capilla for a while. It was such a good meeting. The counselors spoke in sacrament and then President Bennett gave what Hermana Doyle calls "a gird up your loins and get to work talk." Which I will say a little something about in a second. But in this meeting we found out our rama split. We are sad to lose President Suarez and his funny ways. But he left us with some inspirational words, "I may not be your branch President anymore, but we will always be part of the same gang." Our new rama President is amazing though. He just got released from the presidency 6 weeks ago because his wife is super sick. He is the sweetest and I can't wait to learn from him for a week and a half.

A couple things that hit me in the corazon this week:
Both of these are from President Bennett because he spoke on Sunday and then on Tuesday and every talk he gives is amazinnnngggg.

1. On Sunday he talked about our divine potential and being bold missionaries. He told a story about the Gods and how they were trying to find a place to hide the seed of Godhood. They couldn't hide it in the Earth because one day man would dig and find it. They also couldn't hide it on the moon because man would find it there too. So they decided to hide the seed of Godhood inside of man because they would never look there. He related this to how we have a greater capacity than we know, we just need to realize the great potential that's within us.

2. On Tuesday he shared a scripture that I loved. It's DyC 128:22-23 I love where it says, "shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." This gospel is joy! We must be glad and share this gospel of happiness with others whenever we can.

I can't believe my time here at the ccm is almost up. It's weird to think it's been warmer in Minnesota these past few weeks than in Mexico City. It rains basically everyday and it's always an adventure to find the most shallow puddle to pass through. I should've listened to my mom and brought more sweaters, mothers know best people.

Quote of the week: "Ready Spaghetti" -Hermana Cabral. One of our maestras says this all the time and it has caught on in our district. We just love her.

I love you all and pray for you daily. Don't forget to be joyful!

Hasta Luegoooooo.

A little Provo ysa 110 reunion down in Mexico

Magnum bars for the damas #hermanametas

We never thought midnight catchphrase would lead to TALL in Mexico

Comments