JOY in Christ and His work


Hola hola hola

Sorry if you are receiving this email for the third time... my email is not working too well today! This week was wild, I don't know how else to put it. I can't believe this is my last letter as a full-time missionary. Ah everything is so surreal.

JASON GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! Ah it was such a happy moment to see his family all together just so excited for him. Hermana was so excited all week for his special day. It has been amazing to see the growth in him and how it has inspired their family to be better missionaries themselves! I am so proud of Jason because it really was his own decision. It was such a happy happy day. 

Through back a little when things took a turn when we got a message on Thursday night from the Assistants that said,
"If you're receiving this message, you are being asked to be at the mission home at 7:30pm this Saturday night for a special meeting. Please be on time.
President had asked that elders wear suits and everyone look tip top shape. Sisters who's companions are not STL's, please bring your companion as well."

We were so confused but super stoked and put it in our area book as, "Super Secret Special Meeting" 

On Saturday we went to the mission home and it was only the Leadership of two zones that were there. I had already said bye to Hermana Hudman on Tuesday at MLC but she was in the other zone that was at the mission home so I got to see her again! It was such a blessing.

We got there and we got to meet with President Barney, Sister Barney, and PRESIDENT NELSON! Just kidding, it was Elder Nielsen of the Seventy! It was a really special moment to be there with about 12 other missionaries as we sat and discussed some of the same things we had discussed at our leadership council on Tuesday. It was really cool to feel the Spirit guide the conversation because he had no agenda planned, just more of a discussion. I could really feel the love he had for the Lord. The conversation was centered on a few things.
- repentance only through Christ and His Atonement
- obedience
- accountability
- correction, becoming more converted
- love

We were applying it to missionary work and I just felt so jealous of all the people in that room that could take what we were talking about and put it into practice for the rest of their missions. Then the Spirit taught me that those things can apply to real life too! Those few things are the essence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can always strive to be obedient, love others, and repent! I know that as we continue to live the gospel daily we will have so much JOY.

Before the mission I chose Alma 29:9 as my mission scripture. It means more to me now than ever. It says, I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

I know that I was called by a prophet of God to bring about His purposes and help others find true happiness. I am so grateful for this time that I have been able to meet so many amazing people. I feel like they have taught me more than I could teach them. I love how much joy I have found in the gospel because of Christ. There have been difficult days but I have been able to see the light in every situation and I know that is only possible because of my Savior. I am honestly devastated that this 18 months has come and gone so quickly but I know that the Lord still has a lot in store and I am excited to continue to be an instrument in His hands. 

I love you all! Thank you for all the support you have given me over the past while. 

Quote of the week: "You're not so cute anymore when you're not doing the dishes" -Sister White

xoxo Hermana Hanson

I have too many pics for my own good.. but my email won't send... 










Comments