tea (it was milk) with royalty

Tea (it was milk) with Hermana Bennett 
¡Hola familia y amigos!

¿Como les van? I hope everything is well in the good ol US of A. I'm feeling so grateful to be back there in just 5 DAYS. Wüt wüt. Hna. Winterton and I will be getting on our own little white van at 2:30 am on Wednesday. We will be two of 5 missionaries that came the same time as us to still be here. Basically everyone is leaving on Monday so we're just very excited to run the place for two days.

Okay I'm getting ahead of myself here. On Saturdays we do this thing called TRC. It's where volunteers from the real world comes in and we get to teach them! Its an awesome experience to listen to authentic Latinos that don't dumb everything down for you. So we've been doing this the past 3 weeks and I'm not sure why I haven't mentioned it until now. So we have been teaching our teachers as our investigators and they all take on roles of real people that they know. I love this because when I am praying for them I am actually praying for someone real. So coolest thing ever, one of our teachers records our lessons and sends them to the real Daniel. This week he came to TRC and we got to teach the real Daniel! It was incredible to meet him in real life. He is seriously changing his life, it's incredible. Also it got me so pumped to teach people like Daniel who really need the gospel in Minnesota!

The rest of the week has been pretty normal. We are all getting sad to say bye to our maestros because they are the best people. Our morning teachers have these red cards and on them they wrote "ingles." They pull them out if they hear any English words. So this week we were listening to Hermana Winterton tell a story (it was in Spanish) and one of our maestros pulled out the card and Hna. W goes "I was hablaring Español." Spanglish is a real language people. Also our Elders think if you speak English with a Spanish accent it's Spanish. So we hear a lot of that around here. Also we found out one of our night teachers is getting her very own distrito today and we are so sad but so excited for her. She is going to be so good.

On Wednesday we had to pack up our stuff and weigh our bags to make sure they are underweight. I packed so well, I really think I'm going to live out of a suitcase for a week. Also shout out to mom and dad for those four wheeled suitcases, they are angles to manage.

Best day ever today. Me and my Hermanas had the privilege of having a tea party with Hermana Bennett at her house. We work out with her in the mornings sometimes and one morning we asked if we could use her soap to clean out our water bottles because they got so gross. Then she said she would love to have us over on pday for some cinnamon rolls and milk. She is the kindest and has so many inspiring stories. So basically she is royalty. I just love everyone here and they have all made my ccm experience so magical. I can't wait to continue to serve in Minnesota!

Quote of the week: "#justoutofhighschool" -Elder Katzenbach (every time he does something wrong, he blames it on the fact that he's the only one in our group straight out of high school)

Pensamiento espiritual:

I loved a quote I found in preach my gospel this week.

“Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. … Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
–President Gordon B. Hinckley

Serving others is so important. When we turn choose to turn outwards we choose to be like Christ. I know that serving others is one way to find happiness. So if you're struggling, serve someone!

I love being a missionary and I have loved being able to learn so much here at the ccm.  Am so excited for my next adventure! I'm not sure when my next pday will be but I am always grateful for all of your support! Thanks for being the best ever.

Go to the temple for me pleaaaseeeee I am so jealous of all of you who get to go whenever you want. Serve someone and be happy!

¡Les amo!

Hermana Folsom makes me sane (Taylor 3200 reunion cada dia)

Love my elders like famElder Marx, Elder Katzenback, Elder Deschepper, and Elder Mason 

Comments