You are all mangoes


The B is still on the mountain! (this one's for you mom) 
Well somehow this week went by fast, am I allowed to say that already? It really is true that the days seem like weeks but the weeks seem like days. Don't really know how that's possible, but it is. Shout out to the concrete walls and barb wire fences that surround this place because the Mexican anger was insane this week. I think it's fair to add gunshots, karaoke bars, and disco parties in the mountains to the list.

It still hasn't hit me yet that this whole mission thing is happening. I forget I'm at the ccm all the time. Yesterday I was walking and chatting with my Hermanas and I saw a companionship of elders and my first thought was, "hey look it's the elders." And then I immediatley realized that I'm a missionary and it would be more strange to not see elders, silly me.

My district is so awesome. The President of the ccm (President Bennett) came by our classroom and said that one of the supervisors that he respects the most told him that we were the best district she has seen in the whole ccm. He told us it was Hermana Sanchez who told him and she is very intimidating and honestly we all thought she would come by to supervise us when we were off task. Apparently she came by when our district leader was doing a Russian accent (My comp and I were teaching). Well, turns out she likes us after all. We are all super close and have the best district Book of Mormon studies. That has become one of my favorite things because I get to hear eight other people's revelation and insights that I would never come up with myself. The Elders are hilarious but at the same time have the strongest testimonies, they make great missionaries. And of course the Hermanas are still my faves. 

This week we got assigned three new investigators who are still just our teachers. But it's crazy because they are so into their parts as investigators. I forgot to share this funny story in last week's email but it's a good example of this. In our very first lesson two Thursdays ago, Hermana Winterton and I wanted to share the scripture James 1:5 but when we got in our lesson we realized we had no idea what James is in Español. We even asked our investigator (knowing she was our teacher) And she acted like she didn't know English at all! It was pretty stressful but after the magic blessing of our tablets we were able to just switch the language. Turns out its Santiago, like really? Who did that to us? We had a good laugh about it after.

Takeaways from this week:

1. I learned so much this week but one thing I really noticed is how easy it is to love people as a missionary. I'll talk to or even just look at someone and feel sooooooo much love for them. It's the simplest thing but it has made such the difference in my attitude towards others. I think this also has to do with the fact that I've been praying for charity. Prayer has become so important to me and I learned that the more specific the prayer, the more specific the answers. 

2. We watched a video in class that I just loved it's called The Holy Land in 4k by Devinsupertramp, go watch it. A quote by President Uchdorf really stood out to me, "What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are and who we will become." It made me think of what I love most and I realized the importance of seeking righteous things. 

Quote of the week: "If someone calls you a mango you are one good looking dude." (Imagine Latino Gru voice) -Our branch president, President Suarez
*this has been proven false by the Latinos of the comedor*

Take advantage of the temple, love others, and make good choices people. 


I love you all.
Hermana Hanson

We found a pretty flower bush and took adavantage of it
Classic jumping pic
First of many tablet mirror pics and
yes we are those Hermanas with matching t-shirts

Comments