Minesooooooota


Minnesota sunset is pretttyyyy
Well I've been out here in the land of 10,000 lakes for almost three weeks now so I think it's about time I share some facts about this great place I call home.
- there are 32,000 members 80 wards and branches
- Home of Little House on the Praire
- Most Targets per capita
- home of skippy pb and spam
- Largest mall in America 
- Meltingpot of allllll different people 
- 185 missionaries, English, Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Karen

Also I've been a missionary for officially two months now whoop whoop.

I won't lie to my people, this week was a tough one.  A lot of hard things happened. But because a lot of hard things happened, we saw a lot of miracles too. 

The other day we went to teach our cutest, sweetest 9 year old recent convert. We knocked on their trailer and this random guy opened the door. We were like hi were looking for Jomally (Orlando's mom) and he was like I moved in last night. We were so confused because we teach Orlando there all the time there. So we were like okay it's fine this is a great opportunity to share the gospel. Also forgot to mention, this is a Hispanic guy and in Spanish so win win. We asked him what his name is and he said Orlando and we were like whaaatt ¿qué es esto? We got talking and turns out he has talked to the missionaries a little bit before about a year ago. We gave him a Book of Mormon and are excited to go back again. We called Jomally after and she said that told us that they moved and neither of us could remember. We probably just missed it when we were talking to her because let's be real here I still don't know what going on half the time. But all the events of this day and the day before led us to finding Orlando, what a miracle, right?

Estamos todavia llorando. Tuesday was a great great day but also very sad. Be patient, I am about to tell you why. Okay so a lot of the time people will seem super interested and then you ask to set up a return appointment and ask for their phone number and they're like oh I have a very busy schedule, how about you just give me your number and I'll call you! And then, surprise-- they never call. But on Monday, someone actually called! Wow we were so stoked, we set an appointment up for Tuesday and could not wait. So on Tuesday we go and have an amazing lesson with Julio and his 2 kids. We taught about the restoration and they were super interested and asked good questions. It felt right so I asked them to be baptized and they said yes woohoo and so we set a date for September 9. Now you probably can't imagine just how stoked Hermana and I were at this point because here we are sitting it this beautiful families apartment that just agreed to be baptized like halfway through our lesson. Then they ask us if they can come to church (we didn't even get there yet). We were like YES, all excited about them coming to the Spanish branch and then one of the kids was like I don't really know how to speak Spanish very well. And then, our hearts shattered. For those of you that don't know, this means we can't teach them because they want to go to the English ward. We were so sad and happy all at the same time it was a crazy few minutes. So we called the Elders and we gave them the best present there ever was: a perfectly prepared family who wants to follow Christ and be baptized but speaks English better than Spanish.  Moral of the story: teach your kids Spanish so you can party with the Hermanas. Also I would just like to sadly report that as of last night this story is now invalid because they have decided to attend their brothers church. Estamos todavía llorando.

Funny story this week:
I have officially been proposed to. After someone we were talking to found out we were Mormon, he asked if he could marry us both. We explained we weren't about the polygamy life anymore and plus we can't have boyfriends while on missions. He kindly offered to hunt us down in 18 months and marry us both. We quickly declined and promised each other to never return.

We had President interviews this week, and wow I love President Barney! He is incredibly sweet, smart, and cares so much about the work. I am so excited to have him as our mission President.

Well I guess I didn't scare everyone off by asking for referrals over the pulpit last week becuase this hermana spoke in sacrament meeting wohooo. I spoke on how the Book of Mormon has helped me in my life. Super facil, verdad?  helped me realize the importance of the Book of Mormon in my life, the life of those we teach, nd 'll yours too! In the words of our sweet prophet, "My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives." I know that if we read the Book of Mormon daily, you will see these promises in your life.

We are really trying to emphasize missionary work in our branch. We have been trying to get them excited about this work so we have been doing member drop bys and challenging everyone them to pray for their own missionary experiences. I would like to challenge all of you to pray for an experience and share your testimony with one person this week. 

That's all my time I have for today folks. But I hope you all have a great week as you search for your own missionary opportunities. 

My cute Hermana hit 6 months this week!
Look who I ran into at new missionary training!
TARGET YAY

Comments