emergency sleepover?

Our fave Lopez family okay sidenote they bought us a whole tres leche
What. A. Week. Sooooo many things happened wow. Well I guess so many things happen every week, but this week I really mean it. First off my comp has been having some issues with her eye so that put quite a damper on our precious time because we had to go to a couple doctors appointments. They didn't know what was going on but she's feeling a lot better now so don't even worry! Oh and you know we got stickers at the doctor's office (:

Okay I have a few stories from this week and if you don't want to read all of them, I understand so I'll give you the options here:
1. I didn't forget how to drive!
2. 911 sleepover
3. sos homeless woman living in chapel

1. So as previously mentioned Hermanas eye was hurting and she was basically driving with one eye and that's a bit dangerous, so I had to drive! It was strange driving for the first time after 3 months but shockingly, I didn't forget how to drive! Wooohooo. And no Romney, I have not crashed the car... Hna. Meredith is back to driving now that she's better so yay. I'll take being in charge of the phone again.

2. Okay so it's 10:21 on Wednesday night and oddly our phone rings. Hna is sleeping but it's closer to her so she wakes up and answers it before I can get to it. It's the Crystal Lake Sisters (Sister Benson and Sister Grover) and all they say is "hi can we sleep over" we were like, "Yeah, are you okay, what happened?" They were like "Oh boy we'll tell you when we get there." So we were like oh no what happened? We went upstairs to wait and one of our members that just got home from Peru started telling us all these ghost stories and creepy things. We imagined all these crazy things and turns out they just got locked out of their apartment. It was super funny though because they had nothing so they were both wearing a pair of my pajamas and they were so homeless ahhahahhaa it was funny people okay?

3. So yes a homeless woman was taking advantage of this nice building we have. So on Friday night we were waiting for an investigator to show and the Crystal Lake Sisters came running in asking if we're alone in the church. We were like yeah we think so... They told us one of their members just let them know that a there was this lady who had been campin out here. So they were like we're going to check every room for her and make sure the windows are locked.  We were like we can help! So we had quite the adventure searching for the lady who was calling this place her home. We didn't have any luck finding her and we think all is well!

As for the actual missionary work it's going well too. The hardest part its realizing we can do nothing sometimes. We have been teaching some super awesome people but it's just hard when they don't take that step themselves and choose to come to church. That's probably the hardest part is just knowing this gospel can help people so much but there's nothing more we can do but invite.

This week I realized the imoprtance of less active work. We finally got in contact with two less active that we've been trying to see for weeeeeks. Our lessons with them were amazing too. The Spirit really touched both of them and reminded them of the infinite love that is available to them It made me realize how much God loves ALL his children, no matter where they are on the path to Christ.

Also at Zone Conference President Barney talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He started by having us listen to I Stand All Amazed (my fav hymn). He told us to think of a time in our life that we have felt completely forgiven. As I was listening I was reminded of the personal nature of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He suffered for us individually. One thing that President pointed out is that one day when we are kneeling at His feet, He will say something like, "I remember you, I suffered for your sins, I felt your pain. I don't remember them now but I remember you." This reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland, 

"however late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.
Whether you are not yet of our faith or were with us once and have not remained, there is nothing in either case that you have done that cannot be undone. There is no problem which you cannot overcome. There is no dream that in the unfolding of time and eternity cannot yet be realized. Even if you feel you are the lost and last laborer of the eleventh hour, the Lord of the vineyard still stands beckoning. “Come boldly [to] the throne of grace,” and fall at the feet of the Holy One of Israel. Come and feast “without money and without price” at the table of the Lord."

Also this language is finally coming to where the point I can start being myself with people. It's been hard because I love talking to people seeing how their lives are going and I haven't been able to do that. But now I am either getting really good at faking it or I can actually understand and it is so so much fun! I seriously love the people here so much and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else at this time in my life! I love this work and this place more than words can say!

Hope everyone has a chance to feel LOVED this week! I know I LOVE you all! Thanks for all the support, keep it comin (:


Quote of the week:  (there are three this week yay)
1. "Wow when children reject you, it hurts less" -Hermana Meredith
2. "Well she was homeless so she can't take care of herself. But then I realized we don't grow facial hair!" - Sister Benson
3. "Well there was Casper, he was a good Spirit" -President Strahl
"That's a movie dude" -Diego (smartest 12 year old you will ever meet)

Biking to coordination
Zone Conference ya ya
Our fave Saldanas at the relief society activity

Comments