homeless y CONFERENCE




Homeless
Hola mis favoritos!

First off I can't believe I failed to invite you all to watch conference this weekend but I hope you did! I also hope you thought it was as WONDERFUL as I thought it was. Seriously I enjoyed all 8 hours so so much. If you didn't have a chance to watch it, don't you even worry, they are online and will be in the ensign so quick!

I have so many random things to share from this week. Prepare yourself for the spastic next few paragraphs.

First, homeless is definitely a dramatic word, let me explain. The members we live with had their nephew come stay the week and he needed our space so we had to scramble to find a place to stay. We ended up staying at our branch president's for a few days which was beautiful because they were so welcoming and kind to us. They even bought me a box of honey bunches of oats (which we're usually too poor to afford) and let me take the rest home, yay. So we weren't really homeless at all, it was like a vacation well not a vacation because we still did all the same things. But of course we had to document it so see below...

Also turkeys roam around freely here. Yes like real life, giant turkeys. Okay, I think they're pretty regular sized, but still. It's so strange! It's getting closer to thanksgiving so I don't know what they're thinking, they should be careful. I am determined to get a picture with one so stay tuned.

Next random thing, I cannot sing. At all. I always thought I was an average singer, but nope!  On Thursday we wanted to sing a child's prayer for one of our investigators. At first I was like no way I am not going to sing a different part than Hna becuase usually i just hide behind her voice.. Then I thought of what a blessing mysic is so I agreed to try it out. We practiced it in the car before and I could not hold my own so we had to ditch it. It was hilarious especially becuase Hna Meredith has a lot of choir experience and such and I wasn't even close to the right notes. But we are going to practice it this week and try again so we'll see how that goes, wish me luck!

So there is this old, going crazy lady in our branch who we visit every week and every week she tells us something she wants us to tell the nurse for her but we can never figure it out. This week we got it! She wants to call the owner of the movie theater so she can become a famous actor and earn 50,000 each week. Then she will have the money to buy a house and leave the nursing home. So you all better watch out for Leanor on tv!

Okay last random thing. We have found this one apartment that we call the infinite new investigators apartment. First we met someone, taught him, and he told us to come back again in a week. So we did, another person answered the door and said he wasn't home but let us teach her and told us to come back. So we did again, this time it was a different guy and he said neither of them were home but let us share a message. We're going back again this next week so we'll see if the pattern continues...

You thought I was done talking about conference? No no, I have more to say! I want to share three themes I noticed
1. Our divine potential as children of a loving Heavenly Father
2. When we trust Him, we become a blessing to those around us
3. The importance of the Book of Mormon

All of these truths are so important for every person to know. We need to recognize that when we put our trust in the Lord, he can make more of us than we have ever imagined. This is because of our divine potential! I also connect this to his purposes for us. Not only are we His children, but He has a purpose for each and every one of us. This purpose includes helping others and that's why it's so important for us to be prepared for what the Lord has in store for us, always. We never know when he'll need us to accomplish His purposes. Also mentioned several times was the importance of reading the Book of Mormon daily! It is such an incredible book and has helped me in more ways than I can name. I know the promises and blessings of the Book of Mormon are real and aren't limited to anyone. Every single one of us is a blessed child of God and have access to His promises and blessings.

Like Elder Anderson, I invite you all to study the conference talks and discover the message God has to you!
I am sorry for the disorganization of this email but I love you all! I hope you all learned something this week and are ready to APPLY them! What good are the things we have learned if we don't try them out? 

Quote of the week: "That's why salvation is so expensive, because coffee is so cheap." - Sister Grover

MinniFUnpolis
Fav if you get it
Minne🍎is
Minne🍎is
The pic speaks for itself 
Never too late to watch conference!

Comments