all part of the plan, His plan

#lighttheworld #iluminaelmundo
Hola!

Feliz día de pavo! The Hispanics here have basically adopted Thanksgiving because who doesn't love a day of being ultra thankful (and a lot of food)? They don't eat turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pie, instead some amazing food from their countries. Luckily Hna. Meredith and I have been invited to both a Hispanic and American Thanksgiving and we're going to try to swing both, not sure how though because we are currently car-less (read on to find out more..).

As for the work, the past couple of weeks have been pretty rough. All of our progressing investigators are suddenly not progressing, we haven't had as much success as we usually do finding, and there have been a toooon of cancellations, even a lot of nuevos we're excited about. And as always, too many excuses about how people are too busy. All of this has got me so thankful for a much more perfect plan than our own, God's plan. 

Realizing that everything is part of His plan helps me to better recognize the Lord's hands in this great work. I am able to have gratitude in all situations, good and not so good. Here's some examples from the week:


Last Monday night we had to end pday a little early because we took a few hours to go to the temple on Saturday. We went to stop by an investigator and on our way, we saw one of our members outside, struggling to put her Christmas lights on her tree. So we hopped right out of the car and were able to serve her, warm up in her house, and bring the simple, sweet spirit into her home.
Why did Heavenly Father put us in the perfect position to help one if his daughters? Probably because He loves us, but all I know for sure is that it was part of the plan.

We were stuck outside this building with no way to get in (you see, this happens quite often), it was significantly colder than usual and so we asked Heavenly Father, if it's His will,  to send someone to open the door in less than 3 minutes. Then about a minute later, the pizza man pulls up. We get into the building and the person we are there to see tells us they are too busy and she can't talk to us.
Why did Heavenly Father let us in the building just to get rejected? I sure don't know but it's all part of His plan!

On Wednesday (yes, over a week ago), I had the incredible opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Grover. Wow she's awesome! I have been so blessed with amazing STLs. Sister Grover is what I would describe a spiritual party. She has so much faith but also a ton of fun. So we got a bit behind on our schedule and as soon as we got to a trailer park we realized we only had five minutes before we needed to head to our dinner appointment. So we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help us give out a copy of the Book of Mormon in the five minutes we had. We went on a little "faith drive" and knocked a door that we both felt good about. Sure enough a Hispanic lady answered, we presented the Book of Mormon and testified of it, and offered one to her, she took it and said she wants to try it out.
Why did Heavenly Father bless us with finding someone in that short time? I couldn't tell you but it's all part of the plan.

Yesterday, we went to an appointment in the morning. On our way back, awe were driving on the freeway and out of no where, a deer jumps out of the middle section and runs straight for our car. We're a little traumatized and sore pero estamos bien! The deer and car aren't though...
Why did Heavenly Father put us in the exact route the deer would hit us? Don't ask me, Hna, or the other 6 missionaries that gave us rides yesterday day, but it's all good because it's all part of His plan.

We had a lot of appointments we were looking forward to yesterday but we had to cancel most because it was impossible for us to get to all the areas without a car. Both Hna and I agreed that we absolutely couldn't cancel with a menos activa that we're teaching and we found out why when we were there. So our incredible STL's dropped us off at our appointment. It was one of those lessons where God is so good that he delivered us in her exact moment of need and then through the Spirit, He told us to say exactly what she needed to hear. We had no way of getting to our dinner and after a few people didn't pick up the phone, we decided we should just start the six mile walk. We were having a jolly time walking in the freezing cold and all of a sudden at the intersection ahead we see another missionary car! I couldn't believe my eyes but it was the Apple Valley Sisters! We started sprinting to their car and hopped in as fast as we could, it was such a miracle. I honestly couldn't stop the hearts up to Heavenly Father for his goodness. 

Why did Heavenly Father put the Apple Valley Sisters in our path? Nope, no idea, but so grateful it was part of His plan!

Although at times we don't understand the plan, that's not the point! Knowing that He is there, watching over us, is enough for me.

I loved Elder Rasband's talk from this conference called By Divine Design. I especially love when he shared something President Monson said, “There is a guiding hand above all things. Often when things happen, it’s not by accident. One day, when we look back at the seeming coincidences of our lives, we will realize that perhaps they weren’t so coincidental after all.” It's so true. There are no coincidences because it's all part of the plan, His plan.

This Thanksgiving I'm grateful for way too much to fit into just one paragraph. But specifically the opportunity I have to be serving the Lord. I am so grateful for Him as our Savior, Redeemer, and Brother and for the perfect example He is to all of us. I know I would be nowhere without Him. Through His strength and infinite Atonement I have found more happiness than I could ever imagine. I am beyond grateful for His perfect timing and flawless plan for every one of His children. I'm thankful to be alive and well, we were so blessed yesterday with safety in the accident and others that were so willing to help us. I am grateful to my family for allowing me to serve and although I'm not with them this Thanksgiving, I am just as thankful for them (probably even more). I am so very grateful for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel and this short time (only 13 more months ahhhh) I have to dedicate all my time to sharing it with others! 

Quote of the week: "Betty Crocker is probably dead! Wait is she even a real person?" -Charlotte Jensen (one of the amazing members we live with)

Wow looking back it truly has been the craziest week and a half! Feeling so grateful for all of the learning opportunities I am being given out here in MN!

Funny story, we got sent some other missionaries'
registration for their car so we had to take a road trip
up to St. Paul to get it to them.
Also selfies with the temp (:

Look how cute the Lopez family still is
Serving at Bishop Storehouse on exchanges

This is legit their ski resort. It's hilarious because
it's like the only thing around here that even qualifies as a hill

Okay so craziest thing.
These Hnas had to help translate
for Stake Conference.
It was such a rush hahaha



Our poor car... rip

Our 'we were just trying to spread the gospel
but a deer jumped out in front of our car' faces

Comments