never ending roller coaster


Sisters Bunting & Grover bought us Reeses trees (':
Hola familia y amigos

Basically I feel like I've been on a never ending roller coaster of emotions these past few months. I love roller coasters so it's been such a crazy, good time but you know there's also those times where you drop so fast you feel like you're going to throw up? Yeah that happens too.

This week especially threw me for a loop. So many miracles (as always)!  Also a reasonable amount of heart break.

We (us and the Lord of course) made the decision this week that it was time to drop Patty. She told us she won't read from any other book than the bible because that's the only place we can find the word of God. We respectfully disagreed, bearing testimony of the most true book on the earth today and told her to let us know if anything changes. I hope one day she'll remember the promises we and apostles of the church have made regarding the Book of Mormon and decide to give it another try.

Also we had a very strange lesson with Jorge this week. He called us in a panic telling us his power was out and he needed help turning it back on. We called around and every one was at work so we called the Elders. They said they knew how and were on their way to come help. Turns out, the whole neighborhood's power was out, whoops. The elders decided to stay so we wouldn't have to teach Jorge outside due to rule of three. I say the lesson was strange because it was four missionaries teaching Jorge.. I think you get the picture. Anyway, the second he opened his Book of Mormon the power turned back on, like what?! What a miracle! It was so amazing and also pretty funny how the Lord worked to demonstrate the power of the book, am I right? But by far the best moment of this lesson was when Jorge said that he knows the Book of Mormon is true because "he can't deny the way he feels when he reads it." Ahhh YES Jorge that's the Spirit! But wait, there's more! He came to church again yesterday! He's been going through a lot lately (thanks Satan) and he said he felt so much better. During Sacrament Meeting he just kept saying, "This is so nice." Ahhh YES Jorge that's the Spirit!

On a sadder, sidenote: Jorge suddenly has no place to live and is currently staying with a friend out of our area, there's a high possibility we'll have to refer him to other missionaries. We're praying everything works out for him the way it's supposed to.

On Tuesday we had mission conference. Half of the mission had it on Monday, the other on Tuesday. Elder Ringwood of the seventy came to visit and he had a lot of powerful things to say. Honestly it was one of those moments where we all just sat there and got our minds blown. I can't adequately tell you how incredible it was over email so I'll just share with you one of my favorite things he said. He talked about how planning is an act of faith as we prepare ourselves to accept the will of the Lord. He related this to the Brother of Jared and how he made a plan and brought it to the Lord. He also had the faith to receive what the Lord would reveal to him. We must do the same in missionary work and in life. Make a plan, bring it to the Lord, have the faith to accept and trust in what the Lord has planned for you!

So many funny things happened this week too and I basically just want to take pictures of my journal and send them at this point. We are currently in a video war with the Sisters, I'll spare you the details but I think us hermanas are winning.

I'm grateful for my Savior. He is so perfect and we are forever indebted to Him. I hope you all know how much he loves you. 2 Nephi 22:2 says it perfectly, Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. 

I hope you all had an amazing Halloween! I love you all.

Quote of the week:
"Did you hear the Astros won the world series?"
"I don't know anything about football honestly"
they have asked to remain nameless  

Had some pho this week and accidentally left the
leftovers on top of the Sisters car and lost it forever whoops

8/10 hermanas in the mission at mission conf (:

a small look into our lives

isn't my hermana the cutest?

um this is leonor and I think you all should meet her.
she's crazy fun.

Comments