milagros (like always)

The Elders stole the fourth hat
La verdad es, this week was just about the best week ever and I don't even know where to begin. Hna Sully and I are having so much fun and I am praying Puerto Rico doesn't take her from me anytime soon. I've stopped counting the exact number of miracles we see because there are just. so. many. Here are three miracles to start off, I'll name them to make it a bit more fun.

1. The miracle of the last copy of the book
Let's take a quick look back at my first exchange in August, three weeks into the mission. I stayed here in Lakeville and was working with an English sister (Sister Miller hello) who knew no Spanish. We were doing some finding and we walked by a Hispanic man who was outside fixing his car  and we were like okay let's talk to him. He said he didn't have much time but he wanted us to come back another day. We walked away but our route eventually took us to pass by him again. This time he reached out to us asking, "hey do you have a book or something I can read?" Whaaaaatttt. We had been tracting for about an hour and luckily (but not coincidentally) had one Book of Mormon left in my bag. We explained it a bit and then left. When we returned for the appointment he wasn't home, nor was he home the various other times we have stopped by.

Last Thursday, we received a random text that said something like, "Hello I have more free time right now and I have been reading that book you gave me. I find it very interesting and I want to learn more about God and change my life. How can I do that?" whaaaattttt.

We met with him for the first time on Friday night and wow he was golden. We asked how far he had read and he's a good portion through 2 Nephi like whhhaaaatttt. He says he doesn't understand a lot but he knows he needs God in his life and he knows that following Christ and learning more is the way to do it. It was amazing to witness him feel and recognize the Spirit for the first time in his life. I wish I could adequately describe to you just how incredible this was.

2. The miracle of invitations
So every Thursday night we hold English class. Let's just say we haven't had the most success with attendance lately. We have a lot of random numbers in our phone so I was like alright let's just invite everyone to English class! Unfortunately that didn't boost the attendance by much to class that night.

Then Sunday comes around and there is this man sitting in church that I have never met before in my 4.5 months in Lakeville. I tried all my low key questions to try to find out what brought him to church that day, but nothing. Then a whole two hours later he says something like, "I got a text from you on Thursday inviting me to English class. I couldn't make it then, but I decided that I should come to church today." whhhhaattt.

3. The miracle of the changing Jorge
Unfortunately I can't give all the details I would like to due to privacy issues on this miracle but just know that Jorge is doing so so good. This week we decided to get serious on him and give him some commandments to really act on. We were a little worried about his willingness to commit but Jorge has been living the word of wisdom and law of chastity for almost a week now! Whoop. Here's a quote from him that made us so happy, "I do sort of have a woman in my life but I know she's not good for me. Especially because I invited her to come to church with me and she was appalled at the idea." whhhhhhaaaat. Here's another quote, "I know God has a plan for me but I'm just still trying to figure out what it is. He has so much in store for me, I just need to follow him." 

Miracles are constant. If you don't see them in your lives, open your eyes!! I am fascinated daily by the Lord's work. There have been a lot of hard days full of rejection but I know at the end of the day if we've been diligent and obedient, we have brought to pass the Lord's will and that's what really matters. When speaking of the Liahona in Alma 37 it says:
40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day.
41 Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works. They were slothful, and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in their journey;

So let's all try a little harder to be more faithful and work a little harder and appreciate all the milagros.

What miracles have you seen from God today?

Quotes of the week:
The lds media library is our Pinterest -Glitta
Now I know what it feels like to be a piece of meat in a freezer -Hna Sully

Ahhh mi hija is dying in this cold weather

Elder Hille is in my district!!!
He's serving in the middle of nowhere so they have
to Skype in but how awesome is that?
So fun to see him at zone 
cons

We're pretty sick of people telling us to come back and then not being
there so we started leaving pamphlets for them as a little surprise...

Zone pic

Charlotte and us at the Crystal Lake party. What a cutie

Ya hay nieve



Comments