a land flowing with milk and honey

generations
 Hola a todos!

This week seriously flew by! We had zone conference and I'm thankful for the storm because it forced another zone to combine with us and I got to see my cute mama Hermana Meredith. I love and miss her daily. Also with transfers a few weeks ago a lot of changes were made here in the north half of the zone and we went from 3 sets of Sisters and 3 sets of Elders to 2 sets of Sisters and 5 sets of Elders. All the Elders are calling this the bro zone... Other than that, it's been a pretty normal week!

Something especially hard this week was when we officially passed Jorge off to the Elders. When the words, "the Elders are mainly going to visit you now" came out of my mouth my heart physically broke a little. Even worse was when he was like "wait what?! where are y'all going?" I have been visiting with him since my third day in the mission field and I have such a desire for him to be happy. I guess that's ultimately why we passed him off. I tried to think of every selfish excuse to keep him but that was definitely not the Lord's plan.

He compared himself to the children of Isreal when they approached the border of Canaan. They were so close to "a land flowing with milk and honey" that they were promised. But they doubted the Lord's promise to them and even wondered if they should return to Egypt. He told us that he feels like he is so close to happiness, even a land of milk and honey but fear and doubt are holding him back. He's content with where he's at even though he knows that there is something much greater out there for him. 

Are we sometimes like this? Do we hold ourselves back from our true potential becuase we are scared of the blessings the Lord has in store for us? 

I noticed this same concept this week after an amazing night with an incredible couple we're teaching. A short background: about two weeks ago we were out tracting and it was freezing so I was like alright Hna, tell me where to go. We went straight, left, right, and then she goes "that one." We knock and are let right in and the wife goes, "so I know you guys becuase I was baptized when I was 14. My husband is pretty interested in the church right now and I would love to get back to church myself." After a few amazing lessons with them, flash forward to yesterday we ate dinner with them and rode up with them to something called mission president's fireside. This is an event where recent converts share their testimonies of how they found the church (it was awesome). On the way home they told us that they are going to start going to a different church becuase it's the only one that starts after her husband gets off work on Sundays. She also wants her husband to have exposure to different churches and not feel obligated to join her church even though he said he knows it's true within his heart. 

At times we take a step back from what we know to be the best path becuause we are afraid of the Lord's maravillosa plan for us. Why do we do this? 

President Uchdorf said, 
"The fires and tumults of mortal life may threaten and frighten, but those who incline their hearts to God will be encircled by His peace. Their joy will not be diminished. They will not be abandoned or forgotten.
          “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,” the scriptures teach, “and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
Those who heed the inner call and seek God, those who pray, believe, and walk the path the Savior has prepared—even if they stumble along the path at times—receive the consoling assurance that “all things shall work together for [their] good.”

Trust in the Lord! It is NEVER too late. I promise that if you turn to Him with full purpose of heart, he will help you see your true potential and show you the path that He wants you to walk, which is the only way to find true happiness. 

I love you all tons and hope this week brings a lot of opportunities for you to trust in the Lord! 

Quote of the week:
When Mexicana meets Minnesotan, "This taco is so spicy it's like uffffdah!"


MOOOOM

Mija

 Elder Hille is still alive...

7/11 hermanas in the mish

 just thinking of my cute hna tuia in la

Comments