fan or follower?

Leo loves giving us Apple soda 
Hola hola hola

We have survived the storms this week! They weren't as bad as everyone was making them out to be. Plus we got my favorite kind of snow, the kind that SPARKLES. It made me so happy.

Here are some of the questions I'm still getting from my #floridagirl of a comp:
- What happens to fish when the whole lake freezes?
- Do you think anyone has a rope we could borrow for when we accidentally fall into the lake we're going to walk on?
- How long does the snow stay on the road?
- Why is the car sliding and why aren't the brakes working?
- Okay but really, where do all the animals go?
But this week she turned off the heater for the first time so maybe she's acclimating...?

God is so good! This week has been so refreshing. Yes it's been pretty cold and people are still using that as an excuse to shut their doors on us. They'll open the door and say wow it's soooo cold, then shut the door. Hna Sully and I figured out a solution, they could just invite us in, right? We had big plans to invite ourselves in to many houses but the doors just close so dang fast!

Let me get to the good stuff. So the Elders came in and we gave them all our single men and other investigators we think they would work well with. All the people we gave to them were all our semi solid investigators about 3 weeks ago. But I say God is good because we've seen so many miracles because we have met some pretty amazing people over the last few weeks. I know that it's because we have been striving to be FOLLOWERS of Christ.

Are you a fan or a follower of Christ?

What's the difference?
A fan and follower both have desires to follow Christ but only the followers act on their desires.

How can we become followers of Christ? I say become because it's always a process.
We act with real intent! We study our scriptures, we pray sincerely, we obey out of love, we keep our covenants, we keep on trying when things get hard.

So who do you want to be, a fan or follower? (Because it's all up to you!)

One amazing miracle I want to share that was such a blessing, happened on Friday. We had an appointment with out cute part member fam and when we got there, the mom (the investigator) was like alright, we're going to teach my friend about the gospel. We showed up at her neighbors house a few doors down and sat at the table with her and her friend. And our cute Hna taught the Restoration with more conviction than I ever knew was in her. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when she interpted me and said, "oh oh and tell her about how Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon with the power of God." It was incredible.

I love being reminded of the Lord's hand that is truly in this work every day. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Quote of the week: "Don't tempt me...." Hna Sully as she stacks 3 tacos on top of each other and eats them in a few bites.... then does it again as I am wheezing at our dinner appointment.

Have a great week everyone! Go to the temple por favor! 

xoxo Hermana Hanson
   
Valeria is the Lily to my Minnesota and I am obsessed with her
(she even collects shopkins).

The ideal door sign 

The definition of a ghetto barber (the toothbrush)

Comments