semana loca

Mall of America last P day
Holaaaa a todos!

This week has been insane. As always, there is no way I can adequately describe it all over email. I'll try for my faithful readers though.

I feel like it's been a while since I shared some random miracles we've seen, so today I want to write about three.

1. The miracle of las palabras de como se dice.?
As I've mentioned, Lily and Ruben is the couple we tracted into a little over a month ago. They are doing amazing. This week when we went to see them, we asked how their reading in the Book of Mormon was going. They said they are reading together and learning little by little. Then they were like oh yeah and this week we were studying the commandments we need to keep for Ruben's baptism. ( We haven't even taught the commandments yet!! ). I was just expecting maybe like the 10 commandments or something. We asked which ones and they were like you know the one where you can't have tea, alcohol, or coffee, the words of how do you say it... The word of wisdom? Yes that one! Lily said she couldn't find it in the scriptures so they looked it up on lds.org. Ahhhh they have such faith it's amazing.

2. The miracle of the Valentines Day cards
My mom loves any holiday. She also loves decorations. So any of you that knew me in college know that my mom would always send decorations for the holidays. Now being on the mission. The decorations haven't stopped and I love it! This week these decorations made it possible to serve so many people.

Sidenote: the Rochester Hnas (Hermana Meredith (my mom) and Hna Davis) slept over because they had a meeting in Bloomington on Thursday. It was such a tender mercy and I love them. Okay beside the point. We were able to gift them some decorations and sneak into the stl's apartment and serve them too.

We had some of these cards in our car from decorating and we were going to a noche de hogar with the cutest Lopez family. As we were praying I had a thought that Hna Lopez needs these cards. I had no idea why but we took them in anyway. I gave them to her and she just looked at me and said who told you I needed these? Did you talk to Presidente? I told her I just felt we needed to give them to her and she explained how she has been wanting some to give to a few people but has no time, car, or way of ever getting to the store to get them. It was such a tender mercy for me to see that God cares about all His children and what's important to them. Even if it's just a few Valentine's Day Cards.

3. The miracle of listening to the Spirit
Don't be fooled by the title of this miracle. I am in no way an expert on listening to the Spirit and here's why.

A few weeks ago I thought of this investigator we used to see named Abi. She was super awesome with tons of faith. We stopped seeing her though because she is the best friend of a member and that member had some issues going on with the church. Now that member is as strong as I've seen her in my time here and so I had a thought that we should give Abi a call.
But then I forgot.

Then last week, we were visiting with Abi's best friend and she brought her up. We got permission from her to start seeing Abi and had real intentions of calling her that very day. We did but she didn't answer. She called us back and left a voicemail and we meant to call her back.
But then we forgot.

On Tuesday I was looking at the map in our study room which is ridiculously out of date. I came across a sticky note that said "Abby" and it felt like okay this is your last reminder to call. We called her right then and there and she said come over on Friday at 11.

Friday at 11 came and she let us in and immediately apologized saying she only had about 10 minutes. We asked if everything was okay and she told us that her husband is on the way from work to pick her up. Her daughter had tried commiting suicide atschool and was on her way up by ambulance to a hospital. 

We shared a short message about Jesus Christ and bore pure testimony of Him as she sat there and balled. I know without a doubt that we were supposed to be there with her in that moment. God is so good. He sent us to comfort her in the midst of her heartache. Also knowing me well enough that it would take us two weeks to actually get in contact with her.

So here's where the week gets crazy. On Thursday I woke up not feeling the best but I just pushed through and worked until Saturday night when I realized I was absolutely drained amd really couldn't get it together. We called the mission doctor who told me I had the flu yay. This meant no church for me noooooo. Sister Stutz also has the flu so our companions went to church together while we stayed home. I wanted to go for the Sacrament and also to sustain Jesus for recieving the priesthood. I know I haven't mentioned him in a while. But he is doing great! He is progressing in the gospel little by little and is happier than I have ever seen him.

This was a funny but special moment for me. We sat outside on the couch in the foyer with the flu. I felt like trash and I looked like it too. But I raised my hand to sustain Jesus and I couldn't help but feel SO grateful. Grateful for the chance I have been given to be here in Minnesota, serving these amazing people. Grateful for the opportunity I was given to be part of Jesus' journey into the gospel. Also Saturday marked one year since I opened my mission call and that is so crazy for me to think about! This year has been one of my favorites of all time and I am so blessed that I have been able to spend almost 8 months of it on the mission. I love everything about my life right now, even if I have the flu. ðŸ˜Š

Quote of the week: "You don't look that sick...." -Jorge

xoxo Hermana Hanson

Mall of America last P day




Happy 18 months Sister Stutz

Comments