thank you


Temple with our cute branch
Alo, mwen renmen ou

I realized that Hna Sully and I have been companions for almost 11 weeks and I haven't even learned any Creole... so she taught me how to say hi and I love you. Maybe by next week I'll be fluent.

I'm flu free! I am feeling a lot better which is such a blessing. It was hard to realize that I couldn't do anything for a couple days, but it was super nice because Sister Stutz was also sick so she took good care of me. Thanks for all the prayers!

A little update on life here in Lakeville. Although my sickness put a bit of a damper at the beginning of the week, I know that the Lord consecrated our efforts in the work.

Some highlights being:

- Our favorites Lily and Ruben have agreed to live the word of wisdom. The miracles never stop with these two. This week when we got there Ruben said, "can you tell me about the church schedule again? I have to make sure I really know it so I can talk to my boss about giving me work off." Oh and then the follow up was even better. "Also I need to find some suits to look presentable in the true church of God"

- Went to go visit a new investigator and he wasn't home so we knocked the neighbor's door and he answered!

- Our tactic of waving at people through windows and peepholes is more successful than ever as we knocked one door on Tuesday, the Lord allowed us to be let in and share the sweet message of the restoration with them.

- On our way to some stop bys the spirit told me to drive the other direction to an investigator we haven't found home in a month or so and lives in an inconvenient location. Never the less, the Spirit always wins. They were home and open to our message.

- When an appointment fell through we were led to the sweetest lady who had friends of the church in Honduras. She was basically in tears as she talked about Joseph Smith's matyrdom. The Spirit was so strong as this lady who has only ever seen the Joseph Smith Restoration movie testified of his goodness.

- We had the most amazing experience at the TEMPLE with our branch. Then on Sunday, President of the branch called out the youth to come bear their testimonies of the temple. There is nothing that brings the Spirit quicker than children testifying of the temple.

- A couple showed up to church and approached US saying, "so you're the missionaries in this branch? Well I would like to start taking the lessons?" WHAT. Well for now just the wife is interested, but the Spirit changes people...

- Unfortunately had to drop a family who says we are "on the same side" and have little interest to change. Best part though, they said my favorite line, "There a plenty of other people who need your message more than we do." Which always leads perfectly to asking if they know anyone in specific who needs our message. Turns out, they have a new hispanic neighbor..

There are so many more highlights but I don't know just how long you'll stay with me here. It's kind of funny though becuase at the beginning of this email I found myself thinking'"it's been a pretty normal week, what am I going to write about?" But I have just been retaught a lesson I have learned sooooo many times on the mission, 'small miracles are constant. If you don't see them, open your eyes!!'

"thank you"

This week at district meeting we were instructed to write a thank you note to Jesus Christ. This was such a sweet experience for me. I found myself thanking Him for EVERYTHING in my life. He has given all! His grace is infinite. The joy I have felt in this life is because of Him and his willingness to sacrafice for ME and love ME. His Atonement and never ending love is so individual. That is one thing I can say I know now that I didn't before. He knows ME and loves ME perfectly. How? Because He is Jesus Christ and although we will never be perfect like Him we sure can try. In my thank you note to Him I committed myself to live the rest of my life striving to be like Him because I know this is the only way I can be truly happy. 

Richard G. Scott said it perfectly, “True enduring happiness with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the most challenging difficulties comes from a life centered in Jesus Christ. … There is no guarantee of overnight results, but there is absolute assurance that, in the Lord’s time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and emptiness will be filled.”

What are you going to do this week to refocus your life on Christ? 
If you do so, I promise you more happiness than you have ever known before.

Let me know what you decide, I would love to hear (:

Quote of the week: "You mean I have to excersize for my pretzel?" -Hna Sully 

Have a great week, I love you all!

xoxo Hermana Hanson  

Sleepover with the Rochester Hnas
One of my fav fams, the Candias
Hna Alma
Finally alive after the flu
Jesus y Sofia (:

Comments