april (snow) showers bring may flowers

Joint teaching with Oliblish





Saludos a todos!

It's funny because 6 weeks ago everyone was questioning why there were 3 of us and now everyone is like, "wait, aren't you missing one?" So basically we are still confusing everyone.

Okay, also I feel I need to note the amount of SNOW we have recieved this past week. WHY MN? I love this place and I love snow but it has now been almost 6 months of winter and I am ready for all the greeeeen.

We are still seeing so many miracles here though. I don't even know where to begin and now it's been more than a week...

Here's what you need to know:

Remember that referral we recieved from that wedding? If not, that's okay because what you really need to know is that Katherine (she's 9) read the whole Children's Book of Mormon with imagenes in two weeks!! Come to find out she goes to school with a member of ours and the member saw her with her bom, approached her, bore her testimony of the bom and now they are in a competition of who can read more. Sounds like a win win situation to me. Okay not to mention, her abuelo was reading the Book of Mormon on the couch both times we walked up for our appointment. He said the book makes him more full than anything he's known before. The Book of Mormon changes lives, if you don't believe me, read it for yourself!

Then there's Fabiola who oh my. Everyone please pray for her. If you don't normally pray but you love me, please just take 30 seconds to pray for her. So basically she is the sister of a super recent convert. She sat in on all her sister's lessons but no one ever paid much attention to her. We took it upon ourselves to involve her more and make her feel more loved than ever before. Let me tell you, yesterday, she was glowing in our lesson. Basically she just bore her testimony of how since she has started investigating the gospel she has a whole new perspective on life. Ugh I just love how as people grow closer to Christ they physically look different. It's so magical I can't handle it.

Lastly, there's Angel and Lisete which we have not seen as much as I wish we could've in this last little while. But she is the most incredible member missionary and she is just barely coming back after ten years, she's bringing her family too. Angel has no religious background and a very difficult upbringing. But he is opening his eyes and trying to recognize God in his life, why? Because he knows he will be happier when he allows himself to feel loved.

Okay I lied. Let me say two sentences about Michael. So he married a member and two weeks ago when talking to him at church our convo went like this:
Me: So you have a desire to learn more about the gospel?
Him: Hah I wouldn't call it that, more like a need to survive in my marraige.
But flash forward to just two weeks later and he goes, "I've been liking what I've been hearing and feeling here lately. I know that I have been pretty closed minded and I think it's time I start giving it a chance." Ahhh that's all you need, that desire!
Okay sorry that was more than two sentences.

One thing I have been working on for well, my whole mission is living in the moment. As a missionary if you are always looking forward to the next transfer, next area, next companion, next pday you miss what's going on around you right then. You skip over miracles that you are given daily and happiness you could feel for what's going on. I feel like when we try to skip ahead we miss out on so many opportunities we could've had. It's hard though sometimes because we also can't see how all our small efforts build up when we want to be able to. Maybe we aren't meant to see it sometimes. But I know the small things are so important. I have seen it over and over again. Reading your scriptures daily, praying, going to church, being as obedient as possible, and having a positive attitude make all the difference.


Just listen to what Elder Ballard said once said, “Like weak fibers that form a yarn, then a strand, and finally a rope, these small things combined together can become too strong to be broken. We must ever be aware of the power that the small and simple things can have in building spirituality.”

Keep doing the simple things! They are more important than we know! Oh and LIVE IN THE MOMENT!

Being a missionary is hard believe it or not, but always worth it! If I don't write you back this week, I will next week for sure, life has been crazy and I am behind on emails. Please forgive me and know that I love you and I hope you have a great week!

Quote of the week:
When knocking a semi blind members door..
"Maybe she doesn't hear very well." *proceeds to bang on door*

"I name America Babilonia"

xoxo Hermana Hanson 

The Elders got us chocolate bunnies but they melted
and we joked that they should be snowmen
HBD Dana

Old pic but I love hno Benjamin

Comments