look and live

The journey to Walmart
Holaaaaaaaa

Nothing has changed up here in what my Grandpa calls Minnesnowta...
The snow hasn't stopped since Friday. We're up to about 15 inches, cars were grounded for a day and a half, and church was cancelled.

Nonetheless, we are still out here running around doing the best we can and having a great time.

A few funny stories since Wednesday:

So Thursday was multi-zone conference and at lunch they usually recognize everyone who has a birthday within the transfer. Sister Barney called everyone up and I wasn't on the list. I was fine with it but my district leader, went up and told Sister Barney I was forgotten while everyone was singing to the other missionaries. So what happened next was everyone sang again but just to me this time... The most awkward part was it was only the April birthdays for some reason so I wasn't even supposed to be up there, whoops.

Saturday we found out our cars were grounded and then we found out church was cancelled for Sunday. We've had a hard time getting in with some people lately and a whole bunch of easter candy leftover. You are probably wondering how they relate... Cadbury egg cookies sounded like the perfect excuse to get in some doors. We had made all the phone calls we could imagine and so we thought it sounded like a good use of our time. Come to find out we don't have all the ingredients. That wasn't a problem though because Walmart is less than a mile away!! We took the trek and were so thankful we aren't the pioneers crossing the planes in the dead of winter. Oh and those cookies got us in with someone we haven't seen in 47 days so yes it was well worth the journey!

Okay one more story because I am the ultimate match maker. Some of you are probably rolling your eyes and others are agreeing but listen up because you are not ready for this one. I am going to change the names though so let's call the single man from my last area José and our investigator Maria. Let's be real though if you are following my emails close enough you already know who this is about. Well when we took Maria to this event a few weeks ago. We were sitting there and I saw José sitting in the audience sitting with an Elder from my last area. I immediately thought José and Maria need to get married. It would make everything about both their situations better. So after I found that Elder and as a joke I was like, "I have received a revelation, they need to get married." So we introduced them to each other.
Then we saw that they were friends on Facebook. Then like 3 weeks ago he comes to church in Minneapolis and we are like hermano what are you doing here and he is like oh I'm just visiting. But the whole time he was looking like he was trying to find someone.
Well at the twins game the Elder was like what happened that Sunday when hermano went to your ward? It was a plan for him and Maria to meet up there but she stood him up and didn't go (bc that is true she didn't come that week and the whole time I was like he came here for her I know it!) Then the Elder was like he even drove a nice BMW to impress her! WE WERE DYING. SO then we are asking her about the Law of Chastity in our lesson this week and we were like, "Is there someone in your life that could make this hard to follow?" and she was like, "Yeah there is someone but he would understand." Then I will admit I got a litttle nosy and was like oh is he a member? And she said yes we are "saliendo" juntos! Ok there is no one else it could be. IT'S HIM. WE WERE FREAKING OUT. LIKE THE WHOLE LESSION I WAS JUST SMILING SO MUCH. ETERNAL MARRIAGE. BANG BANG. LET'S GO! We are so excited about this though no joke. Oh and to let you know how amazing our lesson went, this wasn't even the highlight (:

So I guess I will just entertain you with those stories this week and save the rest for later.

I have been thinking a lot about Moses and the Brass Serpant mostly because Hna Hudman and I both came across it in our studies this week.

Basically, in Moses' time a brass serpant was lifted up and those that looked towards the serpant lived. Easy as that.

In Alma 37:46 it says, "O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever."

Just like Alma says, it is just as easy for us to live. All we need to do is look to Christ! Is there 15 inches of snow outside keeping yiu from doing missionary work? Look to Christ! Are you stressed about your finals coming up? Look to Christ! Are you lost spiritually or emotionally? Look to Christ.

3 Nephi 27:21 says it perfectly "Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;"

We can look to Christ, follow His example and find more happiness than we have ever known. If we don't know the way, He will show us and comfort us with His love.

What is stopping you?

Keep working hard you know we are in all this snow!

xoxo Hermana Hanson 


Before the journey to Walmart

Loved all the weather warnings we got
(no that is not our number)

We like to act like we play soccer

Twins game

Twins game



Comments