el mes de milagros




Hola a todos!

Before I say anything else... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OWEN AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY THIS WEEK!!

Wow life is good here in the MMM. Remember how last week I said May is our month of miracles? Well, buckle up.

Honestly, it was an average week until Sunday when we got slammed with too many miracles, by the end of the day we couldn't handle them all.

Let's change it up and start with a lesson learned (or should I say relearned?) this week.

On Thursday as a zone we had an inspired tracting hour. Basically what happens is we pray over the map and choose streets that stick out to us. Okay some of you think this is crazy but our zone saw so many miracles, I don't have the time to explain them all. I was on exchanges in Bloomington for this hour and so Sister Larsen and I took some time to choose ten streets seperately. When we compared lists it was no coincidence that one of the streets we wrote down was the same. So we knocked it and door after door we got rejected. BUT we did talk to this one lady who is moving next week and when we met her it was apparent to both of us she needed our message. We both walked away feeling like she was someone we needed to meet that day.

Even though we met her, Sister Larsen and I were slightly disappointed at the results of our inspired tracting hour. But, it  helped me remember a huge lesson I have learned on my mission. We do not always see the good we do,  but we can be happy with the work we put in. I have found that I am always happiest when I am working hard. Even if there are the angry people who reject us, life is better because we did all we could to be obedient and work hard. This reminds me of a scripture found in DyC 130:20-21,

      "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."

Basically saying, if we are obedient to the law, we receive blessings. If we know this to be true, why are we not more obedient? I don't have an answer for you on that one. But what I do know is that these blessings which are promised are available to every single one of us! I am so grateful for commandments and the opportunity I have to work hard every day. I know that commandments are to protect and bless us. We are so lucky to have a Father in Heaven who loves us enough to give us commandments!

Okay now for Sunday. I am running out of time so I'll just make a list.

1. A member that recently moved here from Mexico came to church for the first time in the U.S. and brought her non-member husband. She kept introducing him as "her husband who is not a member yet but will be soon"
2. A member's husband who has been seemingly disinterested asked us about the restoration is. After teaching him the quick-in-the-hallway version, he invited us over so we could talk some more!!
3. A part member family we are teaching whose parents aren't living the law of chastity might have secretly been married a few weeks ago hehe. I'll keep you updated on that one...
We had dinner with them on Tuesday and the non-member husband made a goal all on his own to read 20 pages of the bom this week. We didn't even ask hom to do that, he just wants to!!
4. A cute member told us she is no longer working on Wednesdays so she can come teaching with us.
5. An investigator our ward mission leader told us to contact and we have been trying to contact for weeks, showed up to church with her family and said she wants to bless her baby.
6. Fabiola didn't come to church but she messaged us saying she wants to talk to us about her baptism because she is ready to set a date! AHHHHHH Hna Hudman basically lept out of her seat in Relief Society and they thought she was volunteering to say the opening prayer...

I know how you feel, we couldn't take all these miracles either!! I am loving this place and these people more and more every single day. What a perfect start to the best week of the year, #birthdayweek!

I love you all as much as the hispanics of MN!

Quote of the week:
"We just ate carne asada and pastel and now you want to take pictures?!?"

Pics: 
I was going to save all these pics for next week since my birthday isn't until Sunday but it's all the pics I have...




Comments