Hola Saint Paul


Trailer park finding!
Holaaaa

St. Paul is my soulmate. I am not exaggerating. It is the cutest city with so much personality, I am in love with it already. To make things better, this place has trailer parks! My parents seem to be afraid of my deep love for them. But they are my happy place. Don't judge, I was born and raised on them (in the mission).

My companion is a gem. She is such a hardworker and we are having the best time together. Her name is Hna Tietz and she is from California. She is hilarious so we get along great (keep reading for more details on this inspired duo).

But first, let's take it back to Richfield. It was a lot harder to say goodbye to everyone than I expected. I hadn't realized how many people I had come to love there. I can't even make a list but I can say that the people of Minnesota have my whole heart (as if they didn't already). A hard goodbye too was Hna Hudman. Many tears were shed, I just love my cute Hermana.

Also crazy thing happened where we were in a trio for about two days with Hna Meredith and it was a party being with my trainer again for a sec there. But to be honest we were all really stressed so we were a mess... so it was more like a stressed out party.
 

Okay back to St. Paul. I remember coming here for a baptism my first month in the field and at the baptism a member told us she was pregnant fornthe first time. Now that baby is two months old (my mind is blown and I am in denial that I have been on a mission for that long). But what I know of the ward after half a week I love and I am so excited to get to know and serve them all.

As for the area, we are in full finding mode. We are on the hunt for the elect over here. We have recently dropped our whole teaching pool so we are ready to receive those prepared people. When you find all day everyday you have to be a little creative with it. Luckily I had an awesome packet of finding ideas so we have adopted a few.
 

My favorite being something called, "TOAST." The acronym stands for: Taking On Awkward Situations Together. One thing I have come to be particularily good at is being co fortable with awkward situation. Let's be real 95% of missions are awkward.
So what this entails is we "Toast" each other into having to people. If we see a situation where we should talk to someone we just point at it and say "toast" and it's like a challenge to share the gospel in the most awkward situations until no situation is too awkward for us.
 

I'll give an example. Yesterday we were stopping by someone and she was not answering so we saw this other Hispanic lady walk in the front door of the buolding through the window. We ran to try to casually intercept her but she got to her apartment first and obviously saw us coming. Hna Tietz pointed at her door and said "toast" so I knocked it and she seemed out to be this amazingly passionate woman with a whole lot of faith in Christ. She was also interested in the Book of Mormon and became a new investigator! Stay tuned for more awkward situations.
 

Something I studied this week that I want to share with all of you comes from Jacob 4:7,
 

"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things."

God loves us! He allows us to have weaknesses so we are aware of His great mercy. There is no way we are going to be perfect but we can use these weaknesses, turn to Him, and He will give us power to move forward. A lot of my weaknesses were apparent this week as I was setting goals for the new transfer. I feel like as soon as I improve on one aspect, another one slips. I was then reminded of God's love by this scripture and these wise words of Elder Renlund,

"God cares a lot more about who we are and who we are becoming than about who we once were. He cares that we keep on trying."

Don't give up! We will never be perfect but we can keep trying.

Quote of the week: "A good burn is doctrinally correct" Hna Tietz
We are finding so many scripture roasts, it's magical.

I love you all! Have an incredible week!

xoxo Hermana Hanson 

Adios Richfield

The Romans, cuties

Enjoy this from last week. Pres Barney is the best

Sorry if this is a repeat but fav fam right here
(everyone is my fav)


Comments