taking on (a lot of) awkward situations together (TOAST)


¡Hola mis queridas personas!

First off, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I am so blessed to have the best dad out there. Also shout out to Heavenly Father because wow I love Him too.
 

This week was full of finding, a few more teaching appointments than normal, and of course, TOAST.
 

Let me just share a funny TOAST with you to start it off. We have been focusing a ton on the Book of Mormon. One of our goals is to to give out at least one copy per day. On the days you go finding for hours it's a pretty simple goal. We usually give out between 1 and 7. As of yesterday, 7 was our record. It was almost the end of the night and we had given out 7 copies of the Book of Mormon. We were determined to beat our personal record. We were walking down the street and we saw a famiky just sitting in their car, windows down. We TOASTed and so we approached them. A good technique we've come up to break the ice is asking for directions. So I made up a number and asked if it existed and turns out it was across the street. The family in the car was obviously not wanting to talk to us so we were like well, now we have to knock this house! So we did and we ended up giving them a copy of the Book of Mormon. It worked out perfectly, they got the best book ever and we beat our personal record!

My favorite place of the Book of Mormon that day though was to someone named Leo. A lot of people hadn't been home up to this point, and if they were home, they weren't interested. We were a little desperate and so we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help us contact someone who needed the Book of Mormon. We decided to stop by a cluster of potentials that hadn't been visited in a while. We knocked on the door and no one was answering but then two little girls came running around the house and told us their dad was in the backyard. They led us back there and we met Leo from Honduras. He said he remembered meeting with missionaries on various occasions and that they had promised him a book they had never gotten to him. Turns out it was the Book of Mormon! We were so thankful for that answer to our prayer!
 

This week I was reading in Alma chapter 22 where Aaron had the opportunity to teach Lamoni's father. After his heart had been softened he cries out to God in verse 18. He says, "O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead." I love how he says, "I will give away all my sins to know thee." It really had me thinking. What am I willing to give up to know God? I would invite you all to take a second to ask yourself that same question.

A few funny/random things from the week:

- When we invited our most progressing investigator to be baptized, his friend that was there who is super anti jumped to his feet saying, "ayyyy muchachas" and rebuked us.
- We got fed this frozen, expired, grocery store pie and Hna Tietz fake ate it all but really put it all in a napkin on her lap and then threw it in her bag #realmvp
 
- It rains like everyday so we basically just walk around soaking wet all the time
- also we have this mystery box we are passing between us and the Elders with random things in it. We are currently growing wild flowers in it so President can give it to them at interviews tomorrow!
- I HIT ONE YEAR IN THE MISH... what even is life? I am planning on asking President for a 3-5 year extensiom tomorrow... but my comp is ths cutest and celebrated me.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. that's all. Have a great week!

xoxo Hermana Hanson 

Pics: no time to label the pics but enjoy the gross pie (;





Add caption



Comments