casual sunday morning picnic throwdown


Here's an old pic of me with a deer
because people still make fun of me for that...
Hola!

Interesting week over here, but let's be real every week is an adventure as a missionary!

We found a new friend to teach a few weeks ago and we met with him a couple times this week. At first we couldn't tell if he was interested in our message or two Americans that speak Spanish but on Wednesday we had an awesome second lesson with him. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he asked the most perfect questions, we were like thos guy is searching and he's ready!

Then Sunday comes and he tells us he wants to taks us out to breakfast. It was the Sabbath but we really wanted to meet with him and we knew food was a good way. So we offered to make breakfast and have a little picnic at a park. He was all for it and we were like pues vamos! Well this lesson was honestly a huge mess. He was asking all kinds of irrelevant questions about the earth, pyramids, and giants. We tried to help him through them by turning to the scriptures but that wasn't working. When we invited him to church again he couldn't stick to one excuse which made us think that there is a real reason that he just hasn't opened up to us about yet. We had a member present with us and she is deciding whether or not she wants to go on a mission. She is the best member present because she just throws down. She threwdown about the importance of church attendance and how she has a huge list of things to do too but she makes it a priority. Then she boldly testified about the huge difference the gospel of Christ has made in her life, it was beautiful.

He almost came to church, but he didn't.

Ah así es la misión. So many times it seems like we almost get what we want as missionaries. But the thing I have had to remind myself of this week is that it isn't all about me! The Lord sees our efforts. He knows us and He knows what he is doing. I loved this quote I came accross in my personal study this week.

"Even if you exercise your strongest faith, God will not always reward you immediately according to your desires. Rather, God will respond with what in His eternal plan is best for you. He loves you to a depth and completeness you cannot conceive of in your mortal state. Indeed, were you to know His entire plan, you would never ask for that which is contrary to it even though your feelings tempt you to do so. Sincere faith gives understanding and strength to accept the will of our Heavenly Father when it differs from our own. We can accept His will with peace and assurance, confident that His infinite wisdom surpasses our own ability to comprehend fully His plan as it unfolds a piece at a time." -Richard G. Scott

I feel like my emails have had the same general message these past few weeks and that is to TRUST IN HIM. I am obviously still learning that. But I do know that these past few months have stripped me down to who I really am. Am I willing to keep working even when things don't go our way? Do I measure our success off the outward results or the abundance of effort and energy we give? Am I willing to push through the rejection and jeep giving just as much? Do I base my happiness on our situations or do I base the joy I feel in our Savior? Wow I am learning a lot and at the end of the day I can't help but be grateful for this opportunity I have to grow closer to my Savior.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Quote of the week: this week comes from our good pal from the service we give every week- Rosie
"I am going on a date tonight ladies"
"Oooh fun, with who?"
"With self"
Too good.

xoxo Hermana Hanson 

Pics:
WE TOOK NONE THIS WEEK. 
But here's an old pic of me with a deer because peoplenstill make fun of me for that...
Oh I did take pics with mija Hna Hudman on exchanges! She has them though! That was a good time. Ah I am so out of time or I eould write about that hahha.
I am all over the place here...

Comments