hope for a better world


All the sisters in our zone yay
holla @ all my pals 

Such a crazy few days but wow I love being a missionary! 

Hna Tietz is alive and doesn't have rabies! Woohoo, not that we expected her to get it here in the US or anything but the situation was slightly sketch. 

Here are a couple cool experiences from the last few days:

One day this week we were biking and it was a struggle. We were tired and a little disappointed because we had just decided to stop teaching our good pal Jesús in our lesson with him. I was just praying for another opportunity to share the gospel on our bike ride home, but there was no one in sight. We turned off the main road into a neighborhood and a little ways up the road I saw a car with it's doors open. I was also carrying a copy of a Book of Mormon with a member's testimony in that we had made a goal to give out that day. I promised Heavenly Father that if they spoke Spanish, we would offer them the book. We got closer and they got out of the car and sure enough they were Hispanic! We stopped and talked to them and now they have their very own, one of a kind Book of Mormon. It was such a tender mercy. We would have never found this woman at her house because we were on a random street in a random neighborhood. I love how the Lord puts people in our paths and it's up to us to reach out to them.

Another thing we have seen a lot of lately is people's hearts softening right before our eyes. We met this guy on his porch and he said he has a friend in the church but he's good with his bible. A lot of times people aren't open to the Book of Mormon because they think it's trying to replace the Bible. So we started explaining to him that it is a record of a different people but he just wasn't getting it. We showed him a painting of Christ coming to the America's and it was so cool to just watch it click for him. He said, "Ohhh los Maya y Azteca?" We were like YES. Then he said he really wants to read it to find out more and was stoked when we offered him a copy, we were just as stoked when he took one!

I know at this time now, more than ever that the Lord is in charge of this work. We can run around day after day like we do but we really don't control anything, it's all in His timing and His way. All we can do right now is do our part to help others and hope that it is their time to accept the great message of happiness so we can all enjoy a better world. A scripture that we shared a lot this week explains it perfectly:

Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

Although this is referring to a better world after this life, I fully believe that we can have a better world right now. The Savior gives me hope for a better world every single day. I know that Him and Heavenly Father want the best for us and They will never give us a challenge we can't overcome or we don't need to learn from. I am grateful for this sacred time I have as a missionary to learn the importance of living a gospel centered life, no matter what the situation may be. I am also grateful that He is in charge of my life because I know He will take care of me.

Quote of the week: "My mom said you're crazy and I'm crazy and that's why we can't be a trio, sorry misioneras" -Arianna Rodriguez aka my long lost soul sister

Have a great week! I love you all!


xoxo Hermana Hanson

Hilariously google translated sign, it says, "hours of dirty clothes"


Old pic but cute Hna Vega from Minneapolis
came and took us out to lunch last month, love her

Comments