Hope in Him

Found another wall we wanted to take
pics by but we never have time for that...
Aloha to all my pals! 

How is it going?? Life is so good. I feel like we are finally getting into the swing of things over here.

A few funny things from the week:
- We saw some hispanics knocking a door at an apartment we were in and we tried to share a message with them, then we realized they were Jehovah's Witness missionaries...
- The cutest recent convert of about 65 years told us he drove to church and when I asked him if he had a license, he asked me if I was the police..

- On exchanges with the Bloomington Sisters we ate with a family in the English ward who made us enchiladas but we had also had enchiladas for breakfast (real ones).

We are focusing a ton on strengthening some families here in our area. There are a lot of people that need an extra boost and we are happy to be that for them while they catch their footing back on the covenant path.

We had a really special experience with one of these families this week. They are in a super difficult family situation but they are doing what they can to return. The youngest duaghter is eight and she has such a desire to follow Christ. She wants her dad to baptize her but he is not in a place for that right now. We decided that the message that could strengthen them the most at this time would be the message of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We were talking about the reality of His sacrafice for us and how He has felt everything. When we sin, when we are sad, when we are depressed, when we want to give up. He is there. The Spirit was super strong and then the son says, "well we have all done something bad this week..." He goes on to throw his whole family under the bus about some commandments they aren't exactly keeping. It was one of those moments where we were like okay where do we go from here? We turned to the story of Alma the Younger in the Book of Mormon and read these verses from Alma 36 with them:

 17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

We talked about repentance and how no matter how far you've traveled, there is always a way back to Christ. The ten year old was like, "Hermanas I really need to repent." We were able to kneel down right then and there and teach them how to repent and improve. It was super special because the Father even offered the prayer, he usually asks one of us to say it. It was so good to see them at church on Sunday.

The Atonement of Christ is real. I love teaching others about the hope that it can bring them because it causes me to reflect on the hope that I find in Christ daily. As President Barney once said, "There is always hope to be found in Christ."

Quote of the week: "Dancing is a sin, you are a sinner" -Ricardo

I hope you all have an amazing week. I love you all!

xoxo Hermana Hanson
Ah we forgot to take pics on exchanges... 
Yeah these pictures are the only ones I have so I will try to make it up next week hahah

Best two dollars we ever spent




Our fiesty friend from the Veteran's home

Comments