series of (un)fortunate events

Welcome to North Minne yay
Hola a todos!

This week has been absolutely insane. I might have said that last week but I think this week wins. 

Here's the series of unfortunate events that went down:
- We had to sleep at the Lake Nokomis Sisters' place because Sister Bang and I had a meeting early Saturday. They told us they have a couch and an air mattress to sleep on. When we got to their place, we quickly found put this air mattress was actually a pool floatie... Now I can say I have slept on a pool floatie, haha too good.
- At our meeting we found out we have another one the next day at 7:15 in Bloomington so we abandoned our companions and slept at the mission home for the night with what we had with us
-Sunday morning we finally reunited with our companions and in the next fifteen minutes our keys were shut in the trunk and our car was locked. 
-It was all okay when our friend Romeo came to church. But then something happened and he took a call halfway through second hour and never came back. We got a text from him tellimg us thanks for everything but it's not for him. Ah that broke our hearts.

Needless to say a rough day. But at the end of the night we started talking about how many tender mercies we saw in those 48 hours. 

Here's the series of fortunate events that went down: 
- We got to take a young woman teaching for her first time. We had so much fun with her. We went tracting and she had her first door slammed in her face and seriously couldn't stop laughing. 
- We had the coolest little miracle when we knocked into someone that had his own copy of the bom and even attended church like twenty years ago. He said he wants to try it out again.
- We grabbed everything we needed for the day out of our car before we locked ourselves out.
- We had two part member families show up to church and also two other families we have been trying to contact who rarely come to church. We got apoointments with them and we are excited to work with them this week!
- Ricardo, a recent convert, fought his way to church despite his cancer and montón of other sicknesses.
- We were able to complete our goal of giving out one copy of the Book of Mormon. After church and our meetings, the Elders took us to dinner. As we were walking up to our dinner appointment there were two Hispanics sitting out on the porch of their next door neighbors. In that moment the spirit basically told me that would be our only chance to give one away. One of them accepted one! We felt so blessed and gave the Elders their info since it was in their area...
- We contacted so many people because at this point, we had to go down to Bloomington to get pur spare key so we tried to make it effective by inviting some people we are teaching to the Charla Fogonera. Although the people that agreed to come cancelled on us last minute, we still made a whole bunch of people feel loved.
- I got to see one of my dear mission friends and help her out a little and my companion did the same with one of her friends. We decided that was probably a huge reason the keys got locked in the car. 

It was a big moment for me to be reminded that Heavenly Father is in charge and absolutely nothing is a coincidence. He is the best multi-tasker I know. Everything He does has multiple purposes. He is also a God of mercy. I started the Book of Mormon again this week after finishing it and I really loved this verse I found in the first chapter. I was reminded of it after our few crazy days.

It says, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 

Sometimes it seems like everything is getting in the way of what we think we should be doing but it is actually the plan that God has for us. Sometimes I feel confused and at times frustrated by all the things that get thrown our way but then I am reminded that He is in charge and if we are faithful, we will be worthy to carry forth His purposes. He never leaves us  on our own. He is always giving us tender mercies to keep us excited about the work. From day one, little miracles have kept me fascinated about the work. The Lord is so unpredictable and so good, everyday is such an adventure! I love being a missionary and I love learning more about my Savior daily.  


Quote of the week: 
"he look like a baby" -random citizen to one of the Elders

I love you all, have a great week!

xoxo Hermana Hanson  

Photos: 
We have yet to take a good photo as a companionship so stay tuned.

Funny story. This is Hno Benjamin, he promised me a cake for my birthday (three months ago) and then I got transferred. Last week when he saw me at church he was like I am keeping my promise, I will bring you cake, I was just laughing at how ridiculous that was because he rides his bike to church and then yesterday, he legit showed up with a cake! Haha he is my fav.

Found this pic on our phone #crying

Some members from Oaxaca Mexico made
us a traditionak dish called playuda o algo así..

Comments