it's all about love


Blitz with Chaska sisters
Hola hola hola!

This week was full of some spiritual highs that I hope to remember for the rest of my life. Let me share two of them with you, but first let me share a funny little miracle;

On Friday morning we were out for a walk, enjoying the weather and we see a frog hobbling along. We decided that we have to save it! So we rescued him and named him Phil. Then later we were finding and no one really wanted to talk to us. We prayed that we could find one person that day because we had just been out of our area for two days for meetings and exchanges. A few doors later, a woman named answered the door and seemed interested in our message. You'll never guess what her name was, PHIL!!

Okay two special experiences from the week:

On Tuesday we had MLC to discuss the needs of the mission. Elder Stacy of the Seventy was there and everything he said was so powerful. He talked a lot about the weight the apostles feel to continue moving the work forward. He kept saying we need to decide today to believe for the rest of our lives, that is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. He then gave us an amazing promise to us missionaries that we will feel God's love like we never have before and that we will be motivated by this love to work more closely with the ward and those  around us. It was such an amazing moment. 

Our ward mission leader wanted us to pray together about missionary work in the temple so we got permission to go do a session together as a district, he told us he would meet us at the end to pray. When we got into the temple, I found out that a couple from the branch of my first area were getting sealed, they looked so happy. We waited for our ward mission leader for a good thirty minutes but he never showed up. So we just decided to pray together as a district in the temple about what we can do as a district to better further the work in our ward. We all felt the answer is love more. More love for those we teach, the ward, and helping the ward love those we teach.

Then we walked out and a lot of my favorite people from my first area were all walking out of the sealing and we had the happiest little reunion. It made me so very happy I was full of so much love for all the amazing people I have met here in Minnesota. 

It reminded me of a quote from Elder Dyches when he visited the mission. He said, "The secret to a great missionary is love." Elder De Feo in conference said, "The greatest commandment is about love. For me, it’s all about love. The love of the Father, who sacrificed His Son for us. The love of the Savior, who sacrificed all for us. The love of a mother or a father who would give anything for his or her children. The love of those who serve silently and are not known to most of us but are well known to the Lord. The love of those who forgive all and always. The love of the ones who give more than they receive."

I am trying to focus more on love. Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the mechanics of missionary work and forget about how important it is to take some time to love the people. That has been my focus this transfer and I want to continue focusing on developing that true Christlike love for everyone I meet. I know that as we make Christ's love the center of our lives, we will know how to better help those around you. 

Quote of the week: 
"I don't even think Jesus Christ would want to be your friend because you're impossible to serve." -Hermana Powell 
"I don't want this to be a public shaming, but I kind of do..." -President Barney

I hooe you have a great week, I love you all! 


xoxo Hermana Hanson 
Surprised Sister Hoskins with an old friend of hers hehe
Found Fernanda and her baby Mateo
at the temple SO PRECIOUS

This is not Phil,
just a friend we found on our Blitz

Comments