are you sure you aren't nuns?


Temple trip!
Hola a todos! 

It's still a great time up here in North Minne!  Quick update for this week.

We went on exchanges with the Bloomimgton Sisters this week and I was with Sister Anderson. She is awesome. We went contacting at the Mall of America using a survey and it was super interesting. Some people stopped us and asked who we represent. We told them a little we do as missionaries and they asked if we were nuns. We explained again what we do and they thought it sounded a lot like what nuns do so they had to ask again. It was a funny time meeting all sorts of people!

Jason is doing awesome! This week when we were talking about missionary work, his mom shared an awesome experience. She has been wanting to invite her cousins to hear the message of the retored gospel for years but being a recent convert herself, she didn't have the courage to do so. She said Jason's baptism was the perfect invitation. She called them and they said they would be there so she just decided to invite them to talk to the missionaries right then and there and she said yes! 

Lupe is officially back! We got to see him this week after he's been taking care of his daughter and he told us how he brought his BoM and the pamphlets we've givem to him. He told us a lot of the guilt he is feeling because he knows he isn't living all the commandments and we helped him understand the importamce of repentance. We felt inspired to share the story of Alma the Younger with him and he really connected with it. As Alma went about preaching against the church, God sent an angel to stop him. His heart was softened and he cried upon Christ. I love how he describes his experience in these verses:

"Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.

And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.

And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain."  (Alma 36:18-20)

I love that he says that he could rememeber his pain no more because of the joy that he felt. That is what repentance is. It is joy amidst hardships, sin, and guilt. It is all so possible because of Christ. He has given us the opportunity to be happy. I am thankful for Him.

I am feeling like I can't pump the breaks over here. Time just isn't cooperating with me so I will soak up every last second I have as a missionary. I love you all!

Quote of the week: 
Like I'm confused. I don't know if I'm American, El Salvadorian, or Mexican. -Hna Matus

"I can't eat ice cream" *takes bite of ice cream
"This is why I took two extra pills for my blood sugar"

xoxo Hermana Hanson


Ricardo and his ice cream...

My Lily of North Minne, Genesis

Comments