hola winter

 "We are really missionaries, yes."
Hola a todos!

It is officially winter up in here! It has been below freezing most of the week and the snow keeps falling! Nothing too intense yet but those 5 months since last wi ter almost had me forget  This week was a straight up adventure. So many good times and great things happening in North Minne.

So my whole mission I hear about Jehovas Witnesses and we find their pamphlets everywhere and I have always wanted to meet some myself. This week it happened. We were knocking in an apartment building and I saw motion at the end of the hall and it is two people that look like missionaries. At first I thought it was the English missionaries in the area because sometimes we run inti them but nope! It was some Jehovas witness missionaries. I was so excited because I wanted to talk to them just see how they are doing, I thought it would be pretty cool to make friends with some testigos so I said HI down the hall but they obviously didn't want to talk. We ran into them again in the same building but the friendship didn't go anywhere so I guess I am going to say bye to that dream..

Also the play, "The Book of Mormon" is here in Minneapolis and we have had the incredibly interesting experience to go downtown and hand out free copies of the Book of Mormon outside the theatre. It was such a crazy experience but at the same time such a spiritual experience for me to strengthen what I know to be true. We also met some suuupperr cool people. One of them wasn't even there to see the show she just walked up to us and was like hey I want one of those and we were like HERE! Take the whole box! But it was really a great time to share what the Book is really about!

Oh and if these adventures weren't enough, I also got pulled over for the first time in my life this week! Woohoo. We got pulled over for not completely cleaning our back windshield in the snow and having our bike rack on our car still. It was honestly so funny and he couldn't ticket us for that so we had a good laugh.

We had one of those MIRACLE Sundays where you are on your way to church and you don't know if anyone is going to be there and then all these people show up. Ahh so cool!

Okay this isn't going to make complete sense because it is pretty complicated. Hermana Saldaña and I felt like we needed to talk to a member about their son. He isn't a member (it's complicated) and we felt like he is super prepared to take the step to be baptized. We planned out how we were going to bring it up with them and after sacrament meeting we went up to talk to them. Before we could even open our mouths his dad said, "Oh hermanas we have been meaning to talk to you. We want you to come over and teach Jason all the lseeons , we think he is ready to be baptized." We are so stoked to work more with this cute family!

Also, a family we are teaching showed up to church and the daughter participated in the primary program and her mom loved that so much.

ALSO a member's son and his wife showed up to church. The wife wants to learn more so we are going to start teaching her! 

We honestly don't know where all these blessings are coming from but I read a talk this week that said, 

"God loves us. He is watching us. He wants us to succeed. We will know some day that He has not left one thing undone for the eternal welfare of each of us. If we only knew it, heavenly hosts are pulling for us—friends in heaven that we cannot now remember who yearn for our victory. This is our day to show what we can do—what life and sacrifice we can daily, hourly, instantly make for God. If we give our all, we will get His all from the greatest of all.

Give God your best, and His best will come back to you." 

God is bound to his promises when we do what he asks us to do. I love that as a mission we are really trying to step it up. We are trying to give God our all and we are working for those blessings daily. Inknow the same promise is available to each of you. If you give God your best, your very best, He has already chosen to give us His best. I know that we will always be indebted to Him because He gave us His Son, Jesus Christ. There is nothing we can do to ever repay Him for that but we can choose to give Him ourselves and that will be enough for Him. 

I am loving every single second I have to be a missionary and I know that this is just a small sacrafice I can give back to Him who has given me all.

I love you all! Have a great week!

xoxo Hermana Hanson

Quote of the week: "Do you want a picture with a REAL Elder??" -All the Elders outside the theatre

Harold from the Veteran's home

We brought Ricardo a snuggie so he can't say he is cold




Comments